Do NOT take on an empty stomach.

Posted by guerillamedicine on Sep 06, 2011

I took this iron and then forgot to eat. I was in a world of horrible nausea for several hours. When I take it with food, it is fine. I can't comment whether or not it is constipating, and I haven't been taking it long enough to know its effect on my iron levels.

Best iron pills ever!

Posted by 5195906621684523361 on Oct 02, 2015

This is the best iron I've ever tried. My iron and ferritin levels were always so bad and did help nothing. Doctors wanted to give me iron injection cure. I said okay but before that I wanted to make one last attempt. I bought this kind of iron pills. After 3 months my iron, ferritin and haemeoglobin levels became to the normal levels. My doctor could not believe his eyes. No side effects and I feel myself much better. I'm so happy with this kind of iron pills, best ever!!! I am going to buy it again and recommend everyone who suffers from iron deficiency anemia.

Chelated mineral

Posted by Reviewer1706966 on Jun 15, 2010

Chelated minerals are easily absorbed by the human body and don't cause gastrointestinal disturbances. I trust Bluebonnet when it comes to chelated minerals because they are cheap and you can feel them working.

Good source of iron

Posted by eattothrive on Dec 22, 2010

Haven't gotten my levels back yet to know if it is working. I am trying to raise Ferritin.

Effective

Posted by 5295718723596763766 on Sep 08, 2015

This iron supplement helped me raise my ferritin level from a 5 to a 21 in about 8 weeks. Because my ferritin level was so low, my dosage was much higher than the recommended dose as stated on the bottle. The capsules are easy to swallow, vegan, do not smell or taste bad (I am very sensitive to certain scents/tastes of pill capsules), and did not "bind me up". This brand was recommended by my thyroid support group as being a good choice for patients with Hashimoto's and/or hypothyroidism.