UPDATED REVIEW - New formula, smaller softgels, better all round - NO SOY - Not derived from lanolin

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Nov 09, 2014

I bought this previously when the carrier oil was soy and the softgels were 'normal' sized and was unimpressed with the product. While re-scanning through the vit D options available on here more recently, I checked this one again, noticed the carrier oil has changed to safflower and decided to try them once more. On receipt of the product, I've found the softgels are at least half the size they used to be, which means less 'other' ingredients. They no longer contain soy and in my opinion are perhaps the most hypoallergenic option around that is not derived from lanolin. I like that Bluebonnet always clearly note any allergens in their products and also specify what allergens their products are free of - user friendly. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

awful

Posted by Reviewer2614240 on Mar 11, 2009

These softgels are actually quite hard. And together with their size and shape are extremely difficult to swallow.

Easy to swallow

Posted by Reviewer1161746 on Nov 24, 2008

I have trouble swallowing large pills but the 1000 IU capsule goes down easily. My dr. increased my Vit D intake to 2000 so this makes it much easier to do.

Love the brand, not the vitamin

Posted by Reviewer1991063 on Apr 17, 2009

I am usually really happy with Bluebonnet items, but these pills are larger than most. They are supposed to be soft, but I can still feel them going down. A little surprising. Quality item over all.

D3 is very Important

Posted by Reviewer2045559 on Dec 25, 2009

This is a new product for me...and ..so far..so good. will reorder at this point.

good price

Posted by Reviewer3051410 on Feb 07, 2010

I like this D

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2101786 on Feb 28, 2009

This product is fantastic!

Bluebonnet Vitamin D3

Posted by Reviewer1675281 on Nov 15, 2008

A good way to get your D3

Good product at a really good price

Posted by Reviewer2144598 on May 05, 2011

Good product at a really good price!

Nice size.

Posted by Reviewer2107364 on Dec 02, 2011

Need to take more Vitamin D3 during winter and this is nice size for a family.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »