Makes the best muffins

Posted by debbiet on Jul 28, 2012

I used to use oat bran for making muffins, now I use 7 Grain hot cereal. Yum. My husband doesn't like hot cereal, but he will eat it when I make muffins and I feel like he's getting something healthy for breakfast!

Wonderful to add to bread recipes!

Posted by southerngal on Mar 09, 2014

I make Struan Multigrain Bread from Peter Reinhart's recipe and use Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain Hot Cereal for the "soaker." This helps to make a wonderfully moist grain bread, a bread with real substance and chew, but not one with a terribly tough crust that feels like your teeth will be pulled out. This bread recipe is so good for toast, too!

Packaging problems

Posted by Reviewer1339109 on Jun 19, 2012

Twice, this cereal has arrived with leaks in its packaging, resulting in dry cereal sifting all over the inside of the shipping box. The cereal itself tastes great, no coarse or weedy-tasting cereal here. I took off one star for the mess it makes when opening the box it comes in.

Excellent, healthy cereal!

Posted by NealMac on Mar 27, 2016

This is now my favorite cereal. IT has replaced Kashi 7 whole grain nugget's as my go to post workout refuel. I need my cereals to have little or no sugar, and I can control the minimal amount that I may need to add. I cook a large batch and then add walnuts, raisins and flax seed meal. After it cools I put it in the refrigerator, and then scoop some out when needed and add almond milk and just a touch of organic maple syrup. It tastes fantastic and I really like the texture as well. The price is a great value as well, to get 50 oz of cereal for under $6!

Healthy and tasty

Posted by Reviewer1336307 on Oct 22, 2011

My kids' favorite, so far kept my kids healthy.

Hot cereal

Posted by Reviewer1860209 on Feb 21, 2012

My husband and I can never get enough of Bob's Red Mill 7 grain for breakfast

Good cereal and good for you

Posted by Reviewer2105068 on Mar 14, 2012

As fast as these hot cereals cook up I don't know why any of us ever relied on instant . Add your own sweet flavors to this and it is so tasty. I use a bit of pure maple syrup and it's devine. Many options as far as how you add your own toppings, fruits, nuts etc.

Perfect Breakfast

Posted by cleaneatingvegan on May 29, 2012

I actually hated it in the beginning but it was because I was cooking it wrong. Once I started boiling it on the stove it fluffed right up and was so filling! 1/4 cup keeps me full for most of the morning. I add 1 tsp of flaxseed (even though there is some in it), a packet of stevia, 1/2 cup soy milk and some pumpkin pie spice...it's heavenly.

A good alternative to supermarket cereals

Posted by Silverfern7 on Jun 16, 2013

I re-ordered a bigger size pack and really enjoy having this cereal as an alternative to the oat porridge. I will re-order again.