Bob's Red Mill, Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Mix, 21 oz (595 g)

I love these shortbreads

Posted by Charybdis From Tennessee on Sep 05, 2012

I use earth balance spread instead of butter and the shortbreads come out with the perfect level of crumbliness. They aren't really sweet, like authentic shortbreads, so if you are looking for something sugary, go elsewhere. Though I like them plain, I also like to jazz them up a little. I've added cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom for a spiced cookie. I've added lavender for a nice floral flavor. And I've also topped the cookies with a sprinkle of raw sugar for a molasses flavor. I think it's an easy mix for experimentation.

a reliable cookie mix

Posted by Reviewer2446553 From New Mexico on Sep 16, 2013

I love this cookie mix, only drop it by spoonfuls. Also, I add other flavorings, like lemon zest and flavoring or pecans, etc.

okay, but a bit flavorless

Posted by Reviewer1636591 From Michigan on Dec 17, 2011

At first I felt that the cookies did not have enough of a buttery taste, like regular shortbread. I made these for a friend, so she will have to let me know. I frosted some of the cookies and actually liked them better the next day. But it was nice to have a gluten free cookie to make.