10% Off Orders Over $40!

Bob's Red Mill, Hemp Protein Powder, 16 oz (453 g)

Green and grassy

Posted by nattfisk on Jul 13, 2012

This powder has the weirdest smell, it's almost like dried grass, and it is actually green as well. But! It tastes good! I use it in my porridge after I've been working out, it makes ordinary oatmeal creamy and yum! I've also used in for my post workout smoothies, and it helps my muscles to recover after lifting weights or just doing yoga. I've also used it to bake cracker and granola bars - so good!

Bad taste

Posted by 4803501372845569073 on May 21, 2012

The recipe on the back tasted awful and I have no idea what to do with this. I wanted to use it for smoothies but it does not taste well in them. I am looking for other ways to cook with it.

Not that good

Posted by Reviewer1624655 on Oct 04, 2012

Disappointed with this product: - % of protein very low compared to egg/milk powders. - dark green color that make my smoothie unappetizing. - smell of freshly cut grass - very pronounced taste that must be masked (with peanut butter for example). Advantages: - price

cheap protein

Posted by Reviewer2050660 on Sep 27, 2011

great protein no nasty feeling in my mouth like i get with animal based protein.

Interesting source of protein

Posted by Reviewer1883750 on Jul 07, 2011

I'm not thrilled about its taste on its own, but when mixed with some whey, or added to pancake batter etc, its taste is masked and I have no trouble enjoying it. Of course it arrived very fast and it was well packaged as always!