Don't use for bread.

Posted by Reviewer3153437 on Feb 27, 2009

This is truely a pastry flour. It does well for making crusts or delicacies but did not like the results when I used it for making bread.

Amazing product!

Posted by Reviewer2473001 on Feb 07, 2011

After being terribly disappointed with a recipe in which I substituted 100% stone ground whole wheat flour for 100% stone ground shole wheat PASTRY flour, I found this PASTRY flour and think it is amazing. Made that same recipe with this flour and is now one of my family's favorite recipes! This is a must-have item for your pantry!

Bob's Red Mill Pastry Flour

Posted by Reviewer2355993 on May 29, 2010

I am a licensed nutritionist and always looking for products I can recommend to others. Since I grind my own wheat, I was disappointed in this flour because it was much heavier. I find that stone ground flour is too heavy and therefore don't recommend it, but thought I would try it again to see if Bob's was different. I will need to add white flour to this to make it lighter.

Great for baked goods

Posted by Reviewer1642118 on Jan 02, 2011

This flour is great for baking things like cookies, muffins, quick breads. It has a lighter texture than regular whole wheat flour that is used for baking bread.

Bob's Red Mill Organic 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pastry Flour 5 lbs

Posted by Reviewer2468805 on Jul 27, 2010

AWESOME, GREAT FOR COOKIES, LOVE THIS. I was so surprised at the quality of this flour. I will always buy this! This makes great baked goods (esp cookies, and the expiration date was right on! Love ya iHerb!

i'm sure it'll be as good as whole wheat flour I'm getting for baking bread

Posted by Reviewer1649157 on Apr 27, 2012

didn'y use it yet

👍🏻

Posted by 4751393178169354531 on Jun 15, 2016

👍🏻

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1728361 on Nov 30, 2010

I was using regular whole wheat flour for baking. Now that I've used this flour, I can really tell the difference. Way better.

No more white flour here!

Posted by Reviewer1897433 on Oct 14, 2011

This flour makes the best muffins, cookies, and pie crusts. A much richer flavor than white flour, but no complaints about the whole wheat being bitter or too strong. Great stuff.

Great product!

Posted by 5270643348957957172 on Apr 11, 2014

We don't have whole wheat flour in the Netherlands, so I ordered them here after reading the great reviews! I ordered it ons thursday and it was delivered on tuesday! That was great! I really like this product 'cause it contains all the essentials of the wheat and it doesn't taste 'heavy'. I use it for everything where flour is needed. When I run out (I ordered 4 of these big ones :-)), I'll order them again for sure! Thanks for the great & fast delivery & product!

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »