• Reviews | English

Great breakfast

Posted by Reviewer3131794 on Dec 07, 2009

I love the taste and texture of steel cut oats. Bob's organic is a great breakfast!

Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2625092 on Dec 29, 2009

This is the best oatmeal I've ever had. I ordered it on accident thinking it was the instant type of oatmeal. It takes longer to cook, but it has a surprisingly great texture and tastes better than any oatmeal I've ever had. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried this type of oats.

Healthy food

Posted by Queenbee on Dec 31, 2009

I love the taste and the rich aroma. Will continue ordering from iHerb

nice texture

Posted by patpyott on Apr 08, 2010

easy to cook.

Eat Daily.

Posted by Reviewer1881948 on May 10, 2010

I prep these before going to bed: cooked on low in a small slow-cooker that's on a timer so they are ready to eat in the morning. Clean up is not too bad if the pot is cleaned right away or allowed to soak. Good eats.

Delicious - Not your Average Oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer3071392 on Jun 01, 2010

Although, these steel cut oats take a while to cook, its totally worth the wait. It has a nutty flavor, I put dried fruits such as Apricots, dates, currants and a bit of brown sugar and for those who like a savory flavor use a pat of salted butter and your good to go.

Great oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer2408317 on Sep 05, 2010

I cooked this in our slow cooker set to "warm" with a ratio of 1 cup steel cut oats to 3 1/2 cups of water. The oatmeal cooked to a creamy consistency after 6 1/2 hours and yielded enough oatmeal to last me for 1 week. I keep the cooked oatmeal in a glass storage container in the refrigerator. In the morning I use about a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with a tiny amount of milk, 1/2 a banana and a small handful of walnuts and warm it all in the microwave for about 50 seconds. The result is a wonderful chewy yet tender breakfast that keeps me full until lunch. On mornings when I want to "drink" my breakfast, I use a 1/4 cup of the cooked oatmeal and combine it with 8 oz of chocolate soy milk and a frozen banana in the blender. This makes a great breakfast or just anytime snack. I will definitely repurchase.

a favorite!

Posted by Reviewer3315962 on Jan 05, 2009

it takes a while to cook, but it's worth it. try it with some splenda, raisins and walnuts!

lovely

Posted by Reviewer2962346 on Dec 05, 2011

This was a lovely treat for us, who eat rolled oats usually.

Yum

Posted by Reviewer2164053 on Jan 26, 2012

These are my new favorites. I was so skeptical at first and couldn't cook them correctly, but once I added some milk after cooking them for 20 minutes with just water, and then cooked for another 10 minutes, these are delicious, and even my boyfriend who hates oatmeal liked them! I sweeten with some molasses and a touch of sugar and cinnamon.