• Reviews | English

Beautiful Product

Posted by jcdasilva on Oct 06, 2012

These are delicious and tasty groats. I soak them overnight and then add chia and almond/rice milk in the morning and fresh berries/fruit! delicious and raw nutritious breakfast! Great product!

Wholesome!

Posted by 4613142442863848488 on Nov 10, 2012

This flour is a regular buy for me, it is dark in colour and full of goodness. Love making pancakes, bread, cakes, well almost everything. A good, reliable company to buy from.

Another great breakfast treat!

Posted by Reviewer2476430 on Nov 17, 2012

Hot cereal in the morning ~ or anytime, especially in winter. Cook in water with a little salt, molasses and butter. I add pecans, blueberries and bananas and coconut milk. This is my all-time favorite breakfast!

5-Star Gluten-Free Whole-Grains~

Posted by JJ2007 on Oct 29, 2013

Anytime I go out on a limb to try new whole-grains, I always have to remind myself to be aware of potential gluten-based dietary issues which may arise with the inclusion of the new whole-grain source. Such was the case with the 'Gluten-Free Millet Seed', which I recently purchased. While it may be an ancient grain from the continent of Asia, it did give me a whopping reaction to it--with bronchitis, as well as a dry cough. Never again! The rest of these bags of 'ancient grains' will go into the bird feeders to feed my chipmunks and feathered friends. The 'Organic Buckwheat Groats' is a different story entirely....This unique (to me) organic whole-grain groat (what's a groat, anyway?) is a delicious replacement food selection for my hot morning cereals which originally were oats and/or muesli. Not only did it keep me satiated and full for many hours after my initial first bowl of groats with lentils, it also did NOT create any reaction in my body, whatsoever. So, let's see now....buckwheat groats is an excellent organic whole-grain choice that's filling and 'sticks-to-your-ribs' for many hours after consumption. It's tasty, wholesome, and very good for my blood-work panels, as well. Buckwheat is my new favorite exchange choice for brown rice, etc. It will remain a necessary pantry staple for years to come. This gluten-free whole-grain selection really hits the spot for me. Win-Win!

Great superfood

Posted by 5658588784603408118 on Oct 21, 2014

I'd never had buckwheat in my life, so when I found it in iHerb's catalogue at so convenient a price, I decided to get it. Buckwheat does not have a very strong flavour or anything, but that makes it ideal to have it as a savoury side--with sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions is delicious--or as a hot cereal in the morning. If you're looking for a more nutritious alternative to oats, look no more--have buckwheat. Ok, it is more expensive than oats, but it's worth it.

Love it

Posted by OscarBaby on Jan 24, 2014

Veldig sunt!!! Elsker den

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer1729995 on Apr 21, 2011

good for making dehydrated or toasted buckwheat for crunchy cereal.

Alabama

Posted by Reviewer1621172 on Mar 25, 2010

I soak it overnight, rinse it and dehydrate until crispy to make healthy breakfast cereal. I like it .

Another great grain ....

Posted by Reviewer1615634 on Aug 16, 2010

As a vegetarian, I am always looking for a new taste and texture to add to my pilafs and casseroles. Bib's Red Mill products have always been high quality and fairly priced ... so when I found these organic buckwheat groats, I decided to give them a try. .... andI was not disappointed ! Use in place of just about any grain in your recipes and you will be pleasantly surprised. Great tasting and good for you AND iHerb offers good pricing. YES - I highly recommend Bob's buckwheat groats.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Nov 18, 2010

I'm very happy to have found these for delivery to Japan. I love buckwheat, and can do these in the rice cooker. I'm stil experimenting with the best grain:water ratio though! These are a nice chunky grain, and tatse really good.