Guaranteed Best Value for Natural Products!

Bob's Red Mill, Steel Cut Oats, 54 oz (1.53 kg)

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

everyday food

Posted by Reviewer1310601 on Feb 17, 2012

I eat this win my yougert everyday, not cooked. I love the benefits, I measure my serving our eact morning and mix it in with my greek yougert with a handful of raisens and walnuts. Perfert breakfast food! Best price anywhere

Tasty and healthy!

Posted by Reviewer2901789 on May 27, 2012

I really like these. To save time in the mornings I cook a big enough batch to last me 4 days. Even being in the fridge for a few days it makes a really tasty breakfast just the same.

Love it and it lasts for a loooong time.

Posted by MyDiscountCode-CAG402 on Apr 23, 2013

Great value, HUGE package. They look very "raw" and need to be cooked to your crunchiness needs. I add salt otherwise it doesn't taste like much. If you're feeling adventurous I recommend raw honey and/or organic coconut flakes.

comfort food for the third milennium

Posted by 5506287803114126210 on Jan 09, 2014

I needed to re-establish some sort of breakfast schedule for the new year. In the past I used rolled oats and microwaved them with butter and brown sugar. This time, despite being a little timid, I got the steel cut oats. I soaked them for about 10 hours in water with a little vinegar. Before I went to bed I rinsed them as suggested by someone to cut out any acid taste (comfort foods and acid taste don't really go together). I added water, brought to a boil, boiled for about a minute and stopped right there. In the morning I put a serving in a bowl (since this is a little more complicated than nuking it you make several servings at once), added a fat pat of butter and a generous serving of brown sugar (guess if I were a purist I would have used maple syrup or raw honey, but brown sugar = comfort food for me) and microwaved to heat it. I won't backslide from this regimen, it's just too good!

Wow!

Posted by 4684286776570169664 on Mar 11, 2014

My husband and I have been rolled oats eaters for years so we initially tried cooking this like our regular oatmeal. The results were less than stellar. Now, I mix the following up in a baking dish and pop it in the oven while I'm using the stationary bike in the morning: 1 C steel cut outs 1/3 C sliced almonds 1 1/4 tsp baking powder 1 C frozen strawberries 1 sliced banana 2 tsp cinnamon 1 1/2 C low fat milk 1 C water 1 beaten egg 2 tsp vanilla Cook covered on the upper third of your oven at 350 F for 30 mins. Uncover and sprinkle with a tablespoon of brown sugar. Return to oven for an additional 20 mins. This makes four good size servings. The milk, egg, and vanilla taste like a custard. The almonds and fruit float to the top and give a nice crunch.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »