• Reviews | English

Delicious steel cut oats. Great product.

Posted by Leione on Jun 27, 2015

Delicious and nutritious. Rich in dietary fiber, vitamin A, E, B vitamins (thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, riboflavin, folic and pantothenic acids), iron, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, zinc, copper, potas sium, oats are beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: they help stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevent blood spikes keeping you full longer, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, increase appetite, soothe the stomach lining, reduce colon inflammation, normalize blood pressure, lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduce the risk of cancer. I love these steel cut oats: not only are they delicious, but also they help normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieve the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Great product.

everyday food

Posted by Reviewer1310601 on Feb 17, 2012

I eat this win my yougert everyday, not cooked. I love the benefits, I measure my serving our eact morning and mix it in with my greek yougert with a handful of raisens and walnuts. Perfert breakfast food! Best price anywhere

Tasty and healthy!

Posted by Reviewer2901789 on May 27, 2012

I really like these. To save time in the mornings I cook a big enough batch to last me 4 days. Even being in the fridge for a few days it makes a really tasty breakfast just the same.

comfort food for the third milennium

Posted by 5506287803114126210 on Jan 09, 2014

I needed to re-establish some sort of breakfast schedule for the new year. In the past I used rolled oats and microwaved them with butter and brown sugar. This time, despite being a little timid, I got the steel cut oats. I soaked them for about 10 hours in water with a little vinegar. Before I went to bed I rinsed them as suggested by someone to cut out any acid taste (comfort foods and acid taste don't really go together). I added water, brought to a boil, boiled for about a minute and stopped right there. In the morning I put a serving in a bowl (since this is a little more complicated than nuking it you make several servings at once), added a fat pat of butter and a generous serving of brown sugar (guess if I were a purist I would have used maple syrup or raw honey, but brown sugar = comfort food for me) and microwaved to heat it. I won't backslide from this regimen, it's just too good!

Wow!

Posted by 4684286776570169664 on Mar 11, 2014

My husband and I have been rolled oats eaters for years so we initially tried cooking this like our regular oatmeal. The results were less than stellar. Now, I mix the following up in a baking dish and pop it in the oven while I'm using the stationary bike in the morning: 1 C steel cut outs 1/3 C sliced almonds 1 1/4 tsp baking powder 1 C frozen strawberries 1 sliced banana 2 tsp cinnamon 1 1/2 C low fat milk 1 C water 1 beaten egg 2 tsp vanilla Cook covered on the upper third of your oven at 350 F for 30 mins. Uncover and sprinkle with a tablespoon of brown sugar. Return to oven for an additional 20 mins. This makes four good size servings. The milk, egg, and vanilla taste like a custard. The almonds and fruit float to the top and give a nice crunch.

Love it and it lasts for a loooong time.

Posted by MyDiscountCode-CAG402 on Apr 23, 2013

Great value, HUGE package. They look very "raw" and need to be cooked to your crunchiness needs. I add salt otherwise it doesn't taste like much. If you're feeling adventurous I recommend raw honey and/or organic coconut flakes.

Great oats at great price

Posted by 5535725291436811429 on Mar 24, 2015

I used to use rolled oats to make the overnight oats as breakfast, but switched to this recently. My husband thinks it's slightly too hard, but it's rather chewy as well!

Oatmeal heaven!

Posted by genkikid on May 04, 2016

I was always buying Quaker Oates. I was late to the steel cut oatmeal game, but now I'm never going back. A better taste, more protein and excellent quality! It's time to reorder!

Tastiest oats

Posted by 5274206942201552444 on Aug 24, 2016

Oats are good for helping to reduce cholesterol -- and these are the nicest oats to eat. They have a denser, meatier texture compared to instant oats. I don't feel hungry for hours after eating these oats. Buy some nice organic cinnamon and maple syrup and eat this everyday. It's become a staple item.

Delicious tasting oats!

Posted by 5368219113370365111 on Jun 09, 2014

These oats are so healthy. They have a wonderful creamy yet chewy texture that I love to enjoy for breakfast in the mornings or at night.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »