• Customer Ratings

red mill steel cut oats

Posted by 4738140279150967116 on Mar 22, 2015

I was not impressed with this

Ok, takes a lot of cooking.

Posted by LittlePancake on Nov 05, 2014

I wasn't too impressed with these oats as found they were very tough and took a lot of cooking. A long standing fan of oats I usually opt for jumbo rolled oats and will probably stick with those in future as I found the texture of these Bob's steel cut just too hard and chewy. I had to cook them for a long time for them to become remotely edible and even after cooking for more than 25 minutes they were still 'al dente'. I also experimented using both water and milk for making my morning porridge with them; the milk version was slightly better. Will probably save them to use for making flapjacks or crumble topping as I just wasn't a fan of these for making oatmeal. Wont buy again.

healthy

Posted by Reviewer2684218 on Jun 14, 2013

i and my family always enjoy red mill's oats.

Great taste

Posted by Reviewer1069390 on Nov 16, 2012

This really is what it says on the packet - it's the worlds best oatmeal! I eat it every morning, and could be without. Great taste.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1016652 on Jul 27, 2012

They seem to be great quality and have texture and great flavor!

Great quality and price

Posted by Reviewer3020167 on Feb 23, 2012

Thought I'd try these, found that we like them.

Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer3198431 on Jan 14, 2012

These are great for lowering my Cholestrol, just by eating cup full every morning I reduced my Cholestrol by 40 points the past 6 months and I am hoping in April when I go to the doctor it will be down another 40 points as I can not take the meds for this problem. And they taste very good too, I put brown sugar on mine.

Not my....bowl of oats

Posted by Reviewer2164053 on Dec 19, 2011

Seemed like a good quality product, but I didn't really like the texture of these oats. I have never had steel cut oats before so I won't rate them down because of it, but I much prefer rolled oats. These always came out chewy and tough, no matter how long I cooked them or by what method (though stove-top results were MUCH better than microwave). Won't buy again. Edit: I tried cooking these with water first, and then adding milk - tremendous difference in taste and final texture, and I really enjoyed them!

Favorite Oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer1004434 on Nov 02, 2011

This is my favorite breakfast cereal. A bowl of cooked, steel-cut oatmeal along with a few tablespoons of yogurt stirred in to make it creamy will satisfy my hunger for up to six hours.

Better than Store Oatmeal!

Posted by Reviewer2031404 on Aug 14, 2011

This is the best tasting oatmeal I've ever tasted and it does not have all that gravy run off like store bought oats. It's worth the extra money.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »