• Reviews | English

This is good stuff

Posted by 5000452071691145114 on May 11, 2016

A good product that lives up to its promises. fairly priced and exceptional quality.

Great taste, great price

Posted by 4915938530512951919 on Aug 03, 2016

Steel cut oats aren't in stores in Norway, so i ordered Red Mills steel cut oats here. I made oatmeal with these. They tasted great, much better texture and flavour than rolled oats. I have not tasted other brands though. Still, I think these tasted great!

Love it..!

Posted by 5328743795633389546 on Aug 29, 2016

Bought this to make my little one teething cookies...they came out exactly the way I want...thanks to steel cut oats. (Thumbs up)

Takes long to cook

Posted by Shanna on Jun 28, 2016

I like my porridge creamy, but this took over 30 mins of cooking until they were not as al-dente as before. I could surely cook them for even longer. They taste great, but I wish they warned you that in order to get a creamy porridge, they need to be cooked for longer han 20 mins.

bdremmer@nethtc.net

Posted by Reviewer2663989 on Feb 14, 2009

Very good cereal

Cali

Posted by Reviewer2576444 on Sep 30, 2008

First time trying steel cut oats, not bad but different from regular oats.

bob's red mill steel cut oats

Posted by Reviewer2967130 on Feb 25, 2010

three and half , maybe 4 star not as good as the top Irish oats and a little too much fine dust, but overall not too bad in taste and texture - cost is much more down to earth

Good fulling breakfast.

Posted by Reviewer2082424 on May 03, 2011

Very nutritious- but takes forever to cook and it uses a lot of liquid. The best thing to do is soak it over night and cook in the morning. Very filling and healthy.

red mill steel cut oats

Posted by 4738140279150967116 on Mar 22, 2015

I was not impressed with this

Ok, takes a lot of cooking.

Posted by LittlePancake on Nov 05, 2014

I wasn't too impressed with these oats as found they were very tough and took a lot of cooking. A long standing fan of oats I usually opt for jumbo rolled oats and will probably stick with those in future as I found the texture of these Bob's steel cut just too hard and chewy. I had to cook them for a long time for them to become remotely edible and even after cooking for more than 25 minutes they were still 'al dente'. I also experimented using both water and milk for making my morning porridge with them; the milk version was slightly better. Will probably save them to use for making flapjacks or crumble topping as I just wasn't a fan of these for making oatmeal. Wont buy again.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »