Posted by Reviewer1533128 on Dec 22, 2011

This book was recommended by a friend and I'm finding it helpful in dealing with the changes in my body. It's technical, but not overwhelmingly so. Offers hope and real guidelines for getting a handle on my condition - does not offer a cure, but definitely ways to manage. Thanks.

Okay

Posted by Reviewer2309150 on Mar 02, 2012

I learned just as much on her web sites, but this compiles it all in one, and is helpful for those who dont do much internet research. But it is not necessary to buy both her books, they are pretty much saying the same thing.

Ok

Posted by Reviewer2017790 on Dec 15, 2009

I got the book and read it from cover to cover. It has alot of information, but not anything I could not find online already for free. Some of the foods listed I would not eat, so I am disappointed there. I guess the good thing is it gives the information all in one place.

Okay, but not exactly what I expected.

Posted by Reviewer2360535 on May 31, 2010

Lots of information but nothing I hadn't already found on the internet before ordering the book. Shipping was great - 2 days!

Easy, informative reading about Thyroid disease

Posted by Reviewer1073137 on Apr 30, 2008

I thought this was an informative book. It was very helpful, particularly about thyroid related weight gain.

The Thyroid Diet

Posted by Reviewer3050432 on May 15, 2008

Although it doesn't contain the solution it is a very helpful in providing a deeper understanding to the importance of a healthy thyroid and steps that can be taken to improve its function. The book is easy to read, not a lot of medical terminology and nicely laid out.

Meh

Posted by Reviewer2215960 on Dec 18, 2007

Lots of information, but it seems to contradict itself with which foods to avoid/consume. I didn't learn much than I already knew.

Thyroid Diet

Posted by Reviewer1528853 on May 28, 2008

It's ok; pretty informative....doesn't tell much about what you can do for normak T4 and T3 with low TSH.....but it's good to have on hand.

Thyroid Diet by M J Shoman

Posted by Reviewer1479108 on Jan 02, 2010

The book had some information I didn't know which was really good. But, overall I found the book not what I wanted, the diet/food section is far too complicated and I was misinformed by the title. I thought the book would give a day by day diet but it left all the work up to me and is far too complicated. I have Hashimoto Thyroiditus and it hasn't helped me at all.

OK

Posted by Reviewer3116039 on Apr 26, 2009

The book has some answers, but is mostly a re-run of what the doctor tells you. If you don't know you have a thyroid problem, you obviously wouldn't buy the book, but if you buy it, it is just a review of what you know.