Poor Harvest Date

Posted by Reviewer1133162 on Oct 09, 2013

The only reason I bought this olive oil because there was a lot of hype about how important the Harvest Date of extra virgin olive oil is and California brags about their posting their Harvest Date of their extra virgin oil on their bottles. Unfortunately, iHerb only posted the expiration date but not the harvest date. When I received this item, I was extremely disappointed to find out the harvest date on it was Nov 2012. Why would I paid so much for a half-liter of extra virgin olive oil that was 11 months old when I can buy much fresher 1 liter bottle of Ottavio Extra Virgin Oil that tastes delicious at my local Costco. That is just not RIGHT!

Best California Olive Ranch

Posted by 5587545237878146786 on Oct 13, 2014

Arbosana is the premium variety from California Olive Ranch, not only it tastes so much better than standard "Everyday" variety, it's selling at almost the same price here, what a steal!

Great flavor....

Posted by Reviewer2664335 on Dec 28, 2011

I recommend all the California Olive Ranch oils. They're fresh, date to time of picking and packed in dark glass. The taste will tell you that all the healthy goodness is in there.

Delicious, Top Quality Olive Oil

Posted by Reviewer2666562 on Jun 11, 2011

If you like the slightly vegetal quality of fresh harvested green olives, then this olive oil is for you. Fruity, aromatic, and full bodied too. I'm going to buy more.

BEST BUY IN ROBUST OLIVE OIL

Posted by Reviewer2739009 on Nov 14, 2011

Pretty green color, fresh vegitative aroma, smooth without being "oily" in mouth and as flavorful as better Mediterrane oils costing many times as much. I love the gentle but firm bitter "snap" follow-through.

It is light oily.

Posted by 5657610491151928779 on Oct 29, 2014

If you try it for salad or with bread, you can feel that it is really extra virgin olive oil.

Great quality, well packaged.

Posted by bangkok on Nov 15, 2015

I use about a bottle of this a month. You can feel the love that was put into making this amazing Olive oil.

Great

Posted by Reviewer1020792 on Sep 30, 2013

Good flavor, taste's fresh

Great oil

Posted by 4865380856878078738 on Sep 14, 2013

tastes great

The harvest date is too old, not good for eat

Posted by 5345700377900600924 on Oct 25, 2016

Although the brand is good, its valid date is poor. I bought olive oil on June 2016.. When I bought it, I knew its expiry date is May 2017 via i-herb web site. When I got the oil, I found olive oil harvest date is Oct to Nov 2014. That means I bought the olive oil after 15 months from harvest. I think that I bought older, substandard oil. Then I go to California ranch web-site to have a look. I found that emphasize that: harvest date means that indicates when this oil was made, the fresher the better. Although the bottle label indicates the expiry date is one year later(May 2017), it is too old. According to California olive oil council , "Extra virgin olive oil is best used within 18 months from harvest. " I bought and got olive oil after 15 months from harvest. Obviously, that is too old! Therefore, California ranch olive oil that sell on i-herb valid date is not good. For consumer, the harvest date is much valuable than expiration date. I hope that I can buy olive oil that's harvest date is new even I should pay more. Besides, I hope i-herb can indicate harvest date on website.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »