The harvest date is too old, not good for eat

Posted by 5345700377900600924 on Oct 25, 2016

Although the brand is good, its valid date is poor. I bought olive oil on June 2016.. When I bought it, I knew its expiry date is May 2017 via i-herb web site. When I got the oil, I found olive oil harvest date is Oct to Nov 2014. That means I bought the olive oil after 15 months from harvest. I think that I bought older, substandard oil. Then I go to California ranch web-site to have a look. I found that emphasize that: harvest date means that indicates when this oil was made, the fresher the better. Although the bottle label indicates the expiry date is one year later(May 2017), it is too old. According to California olive oil council , "Extra virgin olive oil is best used within 18 months from harvest. " I bought and got olive oil after 15 months from harvest. Obviously, that is too old! Therefore, California ranch olive oil that sell on i-herb valid date is not good. For consumer, the harvest date is much valuable than expiration date. I hope that I can buy olive oil that's harvest date is new even I should pay more. Besides, I hope i-herb can indicate harvest date on website.