Buyers beware!

Posted by 4943797960547833871 on Jan 25, 2015

They've changed the formula! It now includes Magnesium Oxide, a useless form of magnesium that isn't absorbed by the body. When I ordered this product, it was still the old (fully chelated) formula that was listed here on iHerb. But when the product arrived in Sweden, I had gotten the new formula – that I will not use (I'm very careful about what I put in my body). This was my first bad experience with iHerb and with Carlson Labs. Normally iHerb is a superb company, but I'll certainly be complaining about this: not receiving the product I payed for. I'll return to Doctor's Best Chelated Magnesium for a superior magnesium product. I should never have tried switching.

Update: formula changed

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on May 09, 2015

I wanted to order this again, but now the the bottle contains magnesium oxide! My almost empty bottle only states magnesium glycinate. Was the old description wrong or did they change the formula? Our doctor ordered us to take Magnesium ONLY in the chelated form - not the oxide form. She said magnesium glyconate is a good absorbable and most important, a cheap form. For some people it might react with their antidepressants to lower their mood, but in others it might even make them less depressed. Seems to be a very subjective thing.

using poorly absorbed magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1613928 on Apr 20, 2016

I have fibromyalgia and was taking this to help with my muscles. This was working fairly well in keeping my muscle cramps at bay, but they must've changed the formula yet again. The blend is glycinate & oxide but who knows the ratio of the two could've changed to them using more oxide to cut costs. It could be more like a 50/50 ratio. That's what it feels like because both me & my husband are suffering from an increased amount of muscle cramps. Oxides are so poorly absorbed that out of a 500mg dose you're lucky if you're absorbing 12mg. Don't waste you're money on this. Looks like I'm going to have to switch to the Dr. Best brand. There's is all glycinate.