Carlson Labs, E Gem, Vitamin E Lip Care, 4 g (Discontinued Item)

NASTY!!!

Posted by Reviewer2506805 on Nov 12, 2009

I read all of the other reviews and decided to give this lip balm a try. I just received my Iherb package from UPS and quickly opened it to find the lip balm. YUCK!!! It's like putting straight vitamin E oil on your lips (which would be cheaper) and has a nasty taste. You can't help but get it in your mouth because it is so oily. I DO NOT recommend this oil and wonder if the people that gave it a good/great rating have even ever tried it!

Better at prevention than relief!

Posted by Reviewer1620513 on May 12, 2011

This is a very good lip balm, more waxy and thicker than a balm like Badger for example. Excellent for if you are going out in the cold and wind in the morning and want to protect your lips. However it seems less optimal for dry, parched lips. When my lips feel dry and sore, there is no sensation of the moisturiser going into your lips and providing immediate relief. Badger for example does this. However Badger needs to be reapplied about 5 times a day whereas I use this only once or twice a day and it is fair to say that since I have been using this, my lips have noticeably been in less need of 'relief' Also when on, it gives the appearance of a nice clear lip gloss.

Works well

Posted by Reviewer3359280 on Jul 11, 2011

This was the only thing that worked on my child's sore lips list winter. Antibiotic ointment and zoviracs did not help (we did not know what the cause was so tried both), but this balm did. This is the only reason I order more of it for the next winter. I do not particularly like the texture, it is quite waxy and the balm tends to soften and break easily when warmed, so it is better not to carry it in the pocket. But the most important thing is that it works, so hopefully this product continues to be available.

least favorite

Posted by Reviewer2057732 on Feb 21, 2010

I don't like its texture. It is rather hard, not smooth on my lips. And I cannot find any difference so would not buy again.

Best Ever!

Posted by Reviewer1540492 on Feb 22, 2010

Nothing works better! I've tried everything from drugstore products to natural pawpaw lip ointments but this is the BEST! I just got it today and I've had it on since I got out of the shower(about 2hours now and even though it's hard it glides on really well) and my lips are still soft with a slightly smooth oily feel. I guess it's due to the high oil content in the product and I love it! Definitely would recommend it for someone on the go.