terrible niacin flush

Posted by Reviewer2701783 on Aug 24, 2011

I have used this exact brand of time release niacin for 4 year now and until now never had a problem with them. I have gotten a horrible burning itching flush for about 30 minutes every day for the last 9 days since I started these new pills. What's up, it never happened before and it's supposedly the same brand.

Carlson changed this formula - now TERRIBLE FLUSH

Posted by Reviewer2182853 on Oct 01, 2011

My dad and my fiance have both been using niacin time for several years. After being very hard to find for months, it came back but the formula has changed. I compared the old tablets to new and even the shape is slightly different. This new formula has TERRIBLE FLUSHING. Intolerable. Had to throw it out.

Carlson Labs time release niacin

Posted by Reviewer2217481 on May 11, 2009

I could not use this product, it gave me severe headaches at night. I am going back to my 1000 ml twice a day of "flush" niacin

It has helped lower my cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer1015028 on Nov 11, 2010

My doctor recommended this brand. Taking 2 500mg tablets daily for a year has dropped my total cholesterol by over 30 points. More importantly, it has helped (along with l-lysine and l-proline) to lower my lippoprotein A to a far safer level.

A poor product

Posted by Reviewer1093729 on Nov 25, 2009

This product is not flush-free as it purports to be. Furthermore, I mentioned this product to my doctor and he said time-release niacin had been proven to cause liver damage. I discontinued using this product after three days, when the skin flush on my legs became clearly visible and itchy.

very unhappy with product

Posted by Reviewer2382588 on Nov 03, 2010

Although this product claims to be "No Flush", my husband is experiencing extreme flushing. Carlson did offer to refund the money spent if the flushing does not stop and/or if he is not happy with the product.

Does the trick

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Feb 02, 2010

I need to take niacin for to lower blood fats, and this is the only version I'm able to tolerate at all. I flush very easily. I still can flush with this version if I don't drink enough water, and so far I'm only able to one pill (500 mg), but I have hopes of being able to increase tolerance over time.

Have been using it a long time and works well for me.

Posted by Reviewer1011556 on Nov 04, 2012

I've been using Carlson Niacin Time since 2003 and it does exactly what I need it to. Unlike what another reviewer wrote, I didn't experience any change in the amount of flushing after the period of time when Carlson had delivery problems. I take four 500mg tablets every night before going to bed. Occasionally I will sense the flushing if I wake up for some other reason or can't fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time, but usually I don't notice any flushing. I does a great job of keeping my cholesterol down in combination with a statin, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the prescription Niaspan, even if you only have a copay with a medical plan.

Finally a niacin that is easier to take.

Posted by Reviewer2593305 on Nov 06, 2012

After trying prescription niacin that had horrible side effects and then some otc brands I find Carlson Labs, Niacin-Time to be workable. The tablet is easy to swallow and the side effects are none to minor. Just be very careful NOT to eat or drink chocolate around the same time you take the niacin or it will bite you. Still the side effect isn't as bad ad the prescription brand.