• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh as we buy this product directly from Carlson every month. Also, because this product comes in glass bottles, we take the extra caution and measures to pack this product.
  • Customer Ratings

Easy way to get your fish oil

Posted by Reviewer3058134 on Nov 08, 2008

I have sinus issues, fungal/candida problems, hormone imbalances and mild depression. One of the things my doctor told me to take is cod liver oil. This is more easily digestable than capsules, and you only have to take one tsp per day - as opposed to a bunch of pills. I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor, as well. In a short time I can already tell a difference in my mood. It's hard to explain but I just feel calmer and more peaceful. As a side note - I gave cod liver oil to my daughter when she was young and it totally stopped her recurring ear infections. I have put both my kids (13 and 11) back on it to help them fight off viruses this winter.

Vitamin D too!

Posted by Reviewer1198980 on Jan 06, 2008

Took up Dr Mercola's recommendation once again and he's yet to let me down! He recommends this during the winter months esp since we don't get enough sun in the winter time hence our Vitamin D stores are low in our body. This Codliver oil gives you both the omega 3's and the Vitamin D; kills 2 birds with one stone! amazing product. helps with my bowel regularity as well!

Alean"s thoughts

Posted by Reviewer2368828 on Nov 27, 2007

Dr Mercola recommends this brand of cod liver oil. This works for me I have no joint pain

Brain Mets

Posted by Reviewer3049165 on Oct 21, 2008

Took 3 TBS from the start of radiation until the end. Then dropped to 2 TBS when I spotted a small bruise. Doctor intructed me to cut back if I noticed bruising, I have been on 2 TBS for 6 months with no bruising and blood work count is fine. The cod liver oil really helps keep the inflammation down along with Boswellia AKA Plus by True Botanica, 1 3X a day.

Carlson's Lemon flavored Cod Liver Oil is amazing!

Posted by Reviewer1673283 on Mar 16, 2009

In an effort to improve my health, and particularly the inflammation of my diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, I came across this product about three years ago. At first I was hesitant to try it because I had taken cod liver oil capsules that had left a bad burp-back taste in my mouth. But after reading reviews such as this one, with people saying how pleasant it tasted, I decided to try it... and they were absolutely right! I have taken it off-and-on since then, and I must say that iHerbs price is very competitive. The last time I bought it at Whole Foods, I believe it had gone up to $36.00/500 ml bottle. If you are looking for an excellent product of this kind, give it a try. Just remember to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and you shouldn't experience any aftertaste.

Tastes great AND incredibly healthy

Posted by Reviewer3276013 on Jan 14, 2010

I love my Carlson Cod Liver Oil, I can't live without it. It makes a huge difference in my skin, my mood, and my general feelings of well being. I'm quite sure it has fixed a vitamin D deficiency I had from the obsessive use of spf 60+ (fear of aging). Sometimes I'm away from home and I can't bring it with me because it needs refrigeration and they won't let you carry-on a bottle that big anyway. After a few days without it I start wishing I were dead and I can't wait to get back home to my trusty green bottle. This stuff is also shockingly unobjectionable to take, to me at least, but this is a girl who sometimes gets a craving for colloidal bentonite (also available from iHerb). For something called cod liver oil, this tastes like lemony salad dressing or something. On the other hand, I tried to get my mother to take it and she thinks it's absolutely vile.

Pleasant Surprise!!

Posted by Reviewer2462820 on Mar 16, 2010

I originally bought this product for my hair (breaking due to a thyroid issue). Not only is my hair better, being diagnosed with RA, I never thought I walk without pain. My pain subsided gradually which was unexpected, although I still need to take it in order to keep the pain away. After 14 years of non-stop pain... I'm ok with that.

This is the very best quality cod liver oil and it works wonders

Posted by Reviewer1735045 on May 25, 2010

This was sold to me and recommended to me originally by a naturopathic I saw for my adrenal problems before I started to see an endocrinologist. He highly recommended it for my digestion and together with the chia seeds recommended by the health food store, it helps my IBS-C better than anything else I've ever tried. Knowing it is all natural and of such high quality is great, and your prices are the absolute best bargain. Thank you!

Best CLO

Posted by Reviewer2249481 on Jan 25, 2008

I have found that Carlson's CLO increased my HDL cholesterol and helps my shoulder pain as an anti-inflammatory agent. Great stuff!!!

Improved health, great taste, low price

Posted by Reviewer1511850 on Jul 31, 2007

After taking this for 6 months my LDL/HDL ratio went from 4.5 to 3.7. HDL went to 69 from 51 and homocysteine dropped dramatically