• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh as we buy this product directly from Carlson every month. Also, because this product comes in glass bottles, we take the extra caution and measures to pack this product.
  • Customer Ratings

norwegian cod liver oil

Posted by Reviewer1989279 on Aug 05, 2009

Seems to work well for arthritis

Not bad

Posted by Reviewer2934620 on Jul 22, 2009

I accidentally ordered the "Regular" flavor...I meant to order the Lemon flavor but to my surprise it was not as bad tasting as I feared it would be. I'll finish it but next time I'll be more careful when I order. I did mix it with the lemon flavor that I still had left (about one-third full in my old bottle) & that did make it taste better.

the finest

Posted by Reviewer1991595 on Jun 05, 2009

highest quality. love it

ordered item

Posted by Reviewer2970499 on Nov 06, 2008

My order was processed very quickly and I received it at my home in a timely manner

use for my dogs

Posted by Reviewer1447082 on Oct 28, 2008

they love it -- fishy taste and all -- please don't discontinue, they won't eat any fish oil with flavoring

John Polifronio

Posted by Reviewer1982616 on Oct 14, 2008

In this case, I was disappointed by a distinct change in the character of the oil. I had ordered this Carlson product in the past, with the "regular" flavor. I can't tell if the oil is "bad," only that it is noticeably less "sweet," and left a annoying taste and sensation in my throat, etc. When I ordered this exact same product with "regular" flavor, in the past, it was so sweet, so fresh, so delicious, that it more than justified my willingness to order it in the regular flavor. I called your offices and offered to return the bottle, in exchange for the Lemon-flavored version. I subsequently ordered the Lemon-flavored version of this product.

Carlson Cod Liver Oil

Posted by Reviewer2415068 on Oct 14, 2008

Excellent product, very timely shipping and careful packaging . . . thank you!

Carlson Norwegian Cod Liver Oil

Posted by Reviewer3110139 on Aug 12, 2008

Excellent service, received in Ottawa 24 hrs after placing the order. Tax and brokers fees were unexpected but only brought the per bottle cost on ten bottles to $30.00 which is still much cheaper than can be bought for in Ottawa, Canada. I will be a return customer. Mike

Can't get past the smell....

Posted by Reviewer1850169 on Nov 02, 2007

I'm sure this is a wonderful product in terms of potency and purity. Carlson's has a great reputation and I use many of their products. However, this regular flavor fish oil has such a harsh odor that I quit using it. I intended to use it for myself, and had also started giving my 5 month old baby a quarter tsp daily. He would sometimes spit a bit back out, or spit up later on...the smell lingered on him and his clothes even after washing and baths. It's awful. For me, the aftertaste was more than I could take, and holding my baby close was not as enjoyable having to smell the pungent fishy odor. Not to mention what other people must have thought of my baby smelling like a dead fish! I bought the lemon flavor instead, which is much better. I gave it 2 stars only because of the wonderful benefits of cod liver oil and the great reputation the Carlson's has.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »