• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh as we buy this product directly from Carlson every month. Also, because this product comes in glass bottles, we take the extra caution and measures to pack this product.
  • Customer Ratings

Superb!

Posted by Reviewer2496663 on Sep 15, 2009

This stuff tastes better than the stuff I used to take as a kid and also without the effects of traditional fish oils (i.e. fish burps). Most importantly for me it has a higher ratio of EPA to DHA which is great for brain function. The only reason I have given this 4 stars is because I feel that the ration of EPA to DHA could have slightly been better apportioned as studies have indicated that the best ratio is 2 :1 respectively. If you suffer from PMS, mood swings depression etc look for a fish oil with at least a 2:1 ratio. I have also experience much clearer skin in the time I have been taking this.

Carlson, The Very Finest Fish Oil, Lemon Flavor

Posted by Reviewer2561038 on Feb 05, 2008

This product was packaged very well for shipping and arrived with no leaks and no broken glass. I just love the plastic insert in the top of the bottle which allows me to pour the oil right into a teaspoon then into my mouth with no messy drips. It has been much easier taking a one-teaspoon dose rather than the usual tablespoon dose to receive the EHA and DPA amounts I'm looking for. The taste is very palatable, and it's easy to digest.

carlson labs, the very finest fish oil, lemon

Posted by Reviewer2056674 on Nov 23, 2008

This liquid is fine enough. The ND prefers it to the cod liver variety because of the way it interacts with other vitamins I take. Glad I asked him. There is nothing fishy about this liquid (or the cod liver)unless you leave a spoon or dish out that had some oil on it. (In other words, left unrefrigerated, the fishiness comes through a bit.) 'The very finest' is best if shaken up each time. If not, you end up with a lot of lemon pulp at the end that would have been better utilized all the way through the bottle. 2 tablespoons/day definitely improves knee and hip pain. Going without it for a month reproves that every time. At this dose, MD & ND recommend 400IU vitamin E be taken adjunctly.

Probably a really good fish oil but...

Posted by ReaCovery on Nov 19, 2015

I can't take it. I was really hoping I would be able to take this fish oil because I think its the best one. But I'm recovering from protracted antidepressant withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) and it makes my nervous system hyper-sensitive to many supplements and fish oil is one of those things which amps up my symptoms, this one included. I'm hoping to be able to take this as I recover more. If and when I can, I will give it the other star it probably deserves.

Not just a fish story

Posted by Reviewer1981731 on Jan 30, 2008

Again,Carlson, great company, great stuff...works great for my arthritic hands, and helps the heart...

Lemon flavor is good!

Posted by Reviewer2871482 on Feb 05, 2008

I think it's a very easy alternative to taking capsules or eating a lot of fish. The lemon masks any fishy taste (it really does!).

G Hoover

Posted by Reviewer2215742 on Nov 24, 2007

I got the Carlson liquid fish oil for my son who is tube fed and it is working very well.

Retired

Posted by Reviewer2930934 on Feb 29, 2008

Your fish oil was recommended by my daughter, an herbalist, as well as my doctor some years ago. For one thing, whether or not it is the fish oil, I have not had a cold since I started taking it.

good

Posted by Reviewer1865773 on Jul 21, 2008

good service/good delivery/ a bit expensive but the product itself is good. No after taste, and no burping of that fish smell like you get with the capsules.

If you don't like to swallow pills

Posted by Reviewer1893766 on Sep 30, 2009

If you don't like to swallow pills, the liquid fish oil works well. IT is easy to swallow and has a very mild taste, with a lemon flavor. Carlson's is a very well respected company when it comes to fish oil. Tip: An easy way to swallow the fish oil is to first take a sip of juice and before you swallow it, take the fish oil, swallowing both at the same time. It makes it very easy to take!