Carlson Labs, Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, 360 Soft Gels

Reviews 5-star

Consumer Lab.com review

Posted by Reviewer1493174 on Mar 04, 2009

I chose this product because it get a very high rating on the subscription based Consumer Labs.com review site.

Really helped me increase Vitamin D3 levels

Posted by Reviewer2491592 on Dec 16, 2008

I have to take a proton pump inhibitor (Prevacid) for frequent acid reflux. That class of drugs makes it more difficult to assimilate certain vitamins and minerals because they lower stomach acid. I was previously taking a Vitamin D3 from another company (not sold by Iherb). My vitamin D3 level was 32 which is low. Now I take 2 of these soft gels a day from Carlson and my Vitamin D level is 49 which is pretty good. Other people might do fine with just one soft gel a day. All prescription Vitamin D is Vitamin D2 which is the synthetic form and should be avoided. It does not work nearly as well as natural Vitamin D3 and can actually block the real Vitamin D3 from working properly.

Great Price!

Posted by Reviewer2208123 on Oct 12, 2009

I've seen great improvement in hair, nail and skin health since I began taking this supplement. The little vertical ridges that I have in my fingernails are going away. A very good value as well.

Best source of Vitamin 3

Posted by Reviewer2712994 on Sep 08, 2009

I had my first Vitamin D test a month ago and it was very low. After research I found out how important it is in every area of our body. Dr Mercola said the form to use is D3 and stresses that we must be tested before taking increased amounts -- lots of info at his web site. What I've also read is that we must take plenty of calcium with it. I'm taking 10,000 units D3 a day for a month then decreasing to 4,000 a day to build myself up. Then I will be tested again. I have had very notable increase in energy after taking it and just an increased level of well-being and health. My level was VERY low in the test, but it's not something to take increased amounts of if you don't need it. I feel very confident in the product because it had been recommended by Dr. Mercola before he started selling his own brand.

They changed the cap size!!!

Posted by Reviewer3158324 on Aug 19, 2009

When the last shipment arrived I was shocked to see a large bottle. The size of the capsule is now much larger. More space needed to store it, and more shipping weight. The larger print / larger size will be easier for some folks to use, especially our elders and those who are very debilitated (who represent a large portion of those with deficiencies). Carlson's is a great product, and it would be nice to see the 2,000 IU size Vit. D3 remain available in the smaller softgel. I just discovered that they offer a 5,000 IU size! Horray! My doctor has had me on 10,000 IU for a year, and I am finally reaching the optimal range.