July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Coconut Secret, Organic, Coconut Macaroon Bar, 12 Bars, 1.75 oz (50 g) Each

Reviews 3-star

Pretty good but taste has something lacking

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jun 26, 2014

The bars themselves are wrapped in individual colorful foil; the bar is very chewy, not hard, does not hurt my sensitive teeth. It's good but I can't explain it: something is definitely lacking in taste for me. After a while I got used to it, I might purchase again however I personally don't think the taste warrants the stiff price. On the plus side, this 'lack' makes the bars non-addictive. In fact, I often can only eat half and save the other for later. The chocolate is very disappointing: there's simply a skinny "painted on" layer that is uber thin and leaves me wanting for more chocolate. Not enough to really taste it. However it's the macaroon part itself that lacks in taste. I can't quite decide what it is: it might be a hint of salt to bring out the flavor, it might be the sugar that isn't sweet enough. Whatever it be, I'd rather be eating real, honey sweetened macaroons from the health food store (forgot the brand) with organic dark chocolate together. All in all, it's not bad, it's not good it's so so and disappointing. You might like it better than I do.