A useful substitute for sugar

Posted by Reviewer1548715 on Feb 15, 2011

I use it in tea, sauces, oatmeal. Let's be clear, it's not as sweet as sugar, but it helps. You have to experiment on your own to see how much to use. Being that it's not cheap, I use it sparingly. Ernest in Howard Beach, NYC

Interesting stuff.

Posted by HildeK on Apr 05, 2012

Reminds a bit of moist brown sugar. Caramel taste, and quite nice. Not tried it in baking, but it is nice on oatmeal and porridge.

Great Raw Sugar

Posted by Reviewer2791332 on Feb 01, 2013

Coconut just has to be the best plant out. This has a rich flavour without being too sweet. I use it to sweeten salad dressings instead of agave and add a couple of T's to avocado chocolate mousse. Only downside is the price.

rare taste; low sweetness

Posted by Reviewer2705423 on Aug 17, 2011

An exquisite flowery taste, but don't expect much sweetening power from it. I might be good sprinkled on top of baked items.

No more sugar!

Posted by SillaVanilla on Feb 09, 2012

Used it to make a special coffee and it was really good! I will probably buy one a little less expensive for baking, and "save" this one for special occasions. I haven’t really tried it that much yet, because I don't know what to put it in. I heard others use it in tea and coffee, but I usually drink those without sugar, so I wasn't planning on changing that now.