Very good, but VERY sticky!

Posted by Reviewer1087133 on Apr 09, 2012

This stuff is STICKY!! It's even more viscous than honey. It IS sweet, but doesn't taste like any other sweetener, and it does add a taste of its own. It's a bit smokey. I love it in ginger tea and coffee, but it isn't like liquid sugar, which only adds sweetness (at least I think that's true...haven't had white sugar in years. Its taste is as strong as dark brown sugar, but it doesn't taste like brown sugar...or maple syrup, either. If you put it in something mild, it might add too much taste. If you put it in something strong tasting, it adds a lovely complexity, like caramelizing might do. If you're cooking carrots and you want to add a slightly complex, sweet and smokey flavor, add just a bit of this nectar, and maybe a little lemon or orange juice and some taragon or rosemary or basil. It's fabulous. I love it in lemonade...it's so exotic. And I love that it has vitamins and minerals. Just don't expect it to taste like sugar.

Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar

Posted by Reviewer2876686 on May 05, 2011

Purchased as alternative to Yacon syrup while it was out of stock. Flavor is outstanding! Similar to agave, but sweeter, yet w/a lower glycemic index. While Yacon is better for Candida sufferers, this Nectar is safe is small quantities (though probably not if you're within 1st 6 months of treating for Candida). Excellent alternative sweetner!

I requested iherb to carry this product because it is phenomenal!

Posted by Reviewer1350062 on Jan 31, 2011

I have looked for alternative sweeteners or a long time, came up with coconut palm sugar, xylitol and yacon syrup as my faves. (I break out in a fungus rash every time I ingest cane sugar products and I am not a fan of stevia.) THEN I discovered Coconut Secret at the farm-to-market I shop at and I was instantly hooked for life! Since I eat all raw now and avoid cane sugar I no longer get a rash and I feel a million times better. I use this in everything, from salad dressings to desserts including homemade raw ice cream. It is sweet but has no coconut flavor so it won't overpower your recipes. I will order this product every month without fail.

GREAT

Posted by Reviewer2421705 on Feb 06, 2011

This reminds me of a combination of molasses and honey. I have shared it with my mother whom is diabetic and it doesn't seem to affect her blood sugar when she uses it in moderation. It is great on pancakes. I love the flavor and the fact that it is raw and full of enzymes.

From Australia

Posted by Reviewer1262249 on Jun 12, 2011

Great on pancakes, also used when making a sauce. Nicer taste and less sweet than agave. I-Herb do a great job supplying a wide range of alternative products, and this one does not disappoint. Highly recommended.

taste is nice, but false amino acids data at manufactor`s site

Posted by healthseeker on Oct 11, 2014

update: I contacted manufactor via e-mail, they promised me to make things clear but still after 11 days I can see fake amino acids data at their site. According to fake data more than 82.76% of the fresh coconut sap are amino acids :)) Such a sap just could not flow good if it were true :)) So can anybody finally tell me the exact ammount of amino acids in this product??? At the manufactor`s site I can see that fresh coconut sap contains 34.2 gramms of glutamic amino acid in 100 gramms of sap!!! This is so unbelievable! More than 1/3(and this is not concentrated sap!) And there also many other amino acids in this sap! Seems to me like they misplaced "gramms" instead of milligramm. Are you americans thinking of it??? All the reviews I can see here are like "mmmm, wow, it`s so tasty, great on a pancake". If you are focused only on taste what`s for to buy such a product? Use simple sweeteners, they are cheaper :)

Excellent tasty healthy alternative to Agave

Posted by Reviewer2514601 on Jul 19, 2011

Quite thick compared to Agave Syrup, but so much better for you. Tastes delicious, especially on almond flour pancakes. The pouring lid is quite wide so you have to be careful of too much pouring out so a smaller pourer or a squeezy bottle would be excellent. Highly recommended.

Ok

Posted by Reviewer1146209 on Mar 19, 2012

Nothing will ever replace the taste of sugar. This is sweet, but slightly kind of sour. Good tho, but don't expect a sugar taste.

Good taste

Posted by Reviewer1787328 on Oct 24, 2011

It tastes delicious. Took me about 3-4 tries to get used to the taste but then it became the only sweetner I started to use. I add it to herbal and regular black teas. It makes the tea more satisfying. Regular sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave nectar or molasys do not compare to the taste. It is not addictive meaning even if I dont use it for days I dont feel like I am missing it. It has become my default sweetner.

Wonderful, Rich, Caramelized Flavor and It's Low Glycemic!

Posted by EdiblyOrganic on Aug 01, 2013

I'm hooked on this Nectar and always include it in my monthly order! It doesn't taste like coconut at all. I use it in salad dressings, smoothies and for cooking. It's rich, syrupy( a bit like maple syrup, but with a thicker consistency and tastes much richer and more complex.. It adds depth to dishes. I was looking for something to replace agave with, and this wins hands down. The nectar is so much healthier for you. I made the best salad dressing with it: Used Nutiva Hemp Oil, Rice Vinegar, a little bit of Toasted Sesame Oil, Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar, Juice of an Orange, Orange Peel the size of a Nickel, Pink Salt, and Walnuts. Toss in a blender on high, for a minute or two, and it's ready. So yummy on a fruit salad or a warm spinach salad! I know this will sound strange, but it's great on popcorn with a bit of cinnamon and pink salt. It reminds me of caramel popcorn. ;)