July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Coconut Secret, Raw Coconut Nectar, Low Glycemic Sweetener, 12 fl oz (355 ml)

Very good, but VERY sticky!

Posted by Reviewer1087133 on Apr 09, 2012

This stuff is STICKY!! It's even more viscous than honey. It IS sweet, but doesn't taste like any other sweetener, and it does add a taste of its own. It's a bit smokey. I love it in ginger tea and coffee, but it isn't like liquid sugar, which only adds sweetness (at least I think that's true...haven't had white sugar in years. Its taste is as strong as dark brown sugar, but it doesn't taste like brown sugar...or maple syrup, either. If you put it in something mild, it might add too much taste. If you put it in something strong tasting, it adds a lovely complexity, like caramelizing might do. If you're cooking carrots and you want to add a slightly complex, sweet and smokey flavor, add just a bit of this nectar, and maybe a little lemon or orange juice and some taragon or rosemary or basil. It's fabulous. I love it in lemonade...it's so exotic. And I love that it has vitamins and minerals. Just don't expect it to taste like sugar.

Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar

Posted by Reviewer2876686 on May 05, 2011

Purchased as alternative to Yacon syrup while it was out of stock. Flavor is outstanding! Similar to agave, but sweeter, yet w/a lower glycemic index. While Yacon is better for Candida sufferers, this Nectar is safe is small quantities (though probably not if you're within 1st 6 months of treating for Candida). Excellent alternative sweetner!

I requested iherb to carry this product because it is phenomenal!

Posted by Reviewer1350062 on Jan 31, 2011

I have looked for alternative sweeteners or a long time, came up with coconut palm sugar, xylitol and yacon syrup as my faves. (I break out in a fungus rash every time I ingest cane sugar products and I am not a fan of stevia.) THEN I discovered Coconut Secret at the farm-to-market I shop at and I was instantly hooked for life! Since I eat all raw now and avoid cane sugar I no longer get a rash and I feel a million times better. I use this in everything, from salad dressings to desserts including homemade raw ice cream. It is sweet but has no coconut flavor so it won't overpower your recipes. I will order this product every month without fail.

GREAT

Posted by Reviewer2421705 on Feb 06, 2011

This reminds me of a combination of molasses and honey. I have shared it with my mother whom is diabetic and it doesn't seem to affect her blood sugar when she uses it in moderation. It is great on pancakes. I love the flavor and the fact that it is raw and full of enzymes.

From Australia

Posted by Reviewer1262249 on Jun 12, 2011

Great on pancakes, also used when making a sauce. Nicer taste and less sweet than agave. I-Herb do a great job supplying a wide range of alternative products, and this one does not disappoint. Highly recommended.