Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Colorganics Inc., Hemp Organics, Lipstick, Red Shine, 0.14 oz (Discontinued Item)

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Nice, but wrong colour

Posted by Reviewer1118719 on Nov 07, 2011

The texture and feel on the lips are nice, I can barely feel it's there and also lasts quite some time. But, although I've selected the colour carefully looking at the manufacturer's site, it is veeery different from what I thought. Instead of red shine, I've got a pink mauve. Which I still like, but it's not what I thought I'd get.

Best all around Lipstick

Posted by Reviewer1975174 on Sep 02, 2011

This lipstick stays on and this color works for most people. Even though it says RED, it is a really soft color and works with every color I wear.

great texture and consistency -- inaccurately named color.

Posted by Reviewer1565786 on Feb 04, 2012

The texture of this lipstick is nice and creamy and it seems to have staying power (I only wore it for a few hours and then ate something so it came off). Colorganics lipsticks are rated 2 on the EWG Skin Deep database (the lower the score the better). The problem is the color is far from red or even a red shine -- it is a sparkly warm pink with maybe a slight mauve tint. The color didn't work for me (light olive skin) so I gave it to a friend with a different complexion. I'm not sure I want to try another color with Colorganics b/c the rest seemed more warm-toned than this color or otherwise too dark. Too bad, b/c I like the consistency.

meh.

Posted by Reviewer3275280 on Jun 26, 2012

when i selected 'red shine' i was hoping for a sheer red lipcolor, and with the name 'hemp organics' i was expecting something that felt more moisturizing and went on smoother. what i got was a dryish feeling frosted lipcolor that is not my idea of red. i'm not a fan of frosted lipstick and think 'red shine' is a pretty ugly shade. feels dry on my lips as well, so i'm hesitant to try other colors by this brand.

the worst lipstick I have ever bought

Posted by Katarinatan on Jun 10, 2012

This product is very disappointing. Aside from its very boring packaging (the manufacturer obviously cannot be bothered to update/design a more relevant/better looking body), this product cannot even be transferred on my lips. It is horribly hard and incredibly dry. I must have rub it over 20 times on my lips (very unpleasant process with all the unnecessarily friction and pulling of my skin), only to get a very dry coating of a waxy substance, that is not anywhere 'red, or with any 'shine'. To add salt on the wound, the color is an unbelievably unflattering and unnatural hue of mauve shimmer. Wow...There is just no excuse for such a lipstick to be sold.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »