Fishy burps and a lack of citrus flavor

Posted by Gladiator on Apr 02, 2014

Someone already mentioned that there's no sign of citrus flavor. The capsules doesn't smell or taste anything like lemon or orange at all, and the actual fish oil has a mild fishy taste (I actually chewed one capsule). It doesn't taste like rancid, spoiled or anything like that, though. I think that the fishy taste could have been stronger but I was initially hoping this wouldn't taste like fish at all. So it's not as bad as it could have been. One capsule was enough to give me fishy burps for 30 minutes or so, but I'm quite prone to get fishy burps from fish oils anyway. The total amount of EPA and DHA per serving is 60% which is very nice. This fish oil contains 28.7 ppb (28.7 ng/g) of PCBs (Lot # 2013 0420-1). So you'll get 57.4 ng/g PCBs per serving (2 softgels). That's pretty high PCB content as one serving covers 64% of the upper limit for California (90 ng/g per day). However, the concentration of other heavy metals/toxins is very low: equal or less than 0.01 ppm (ug/g). That's well below California Proposition 65 upper limits. You can find these test results straight from Controlled Labs homepage, or from Bodybuilding forum (use Google to find the thread). It's great to see that Controlled Labs publishes this information so openly. This shouldn't be something that makes one stand out of the crowd, however. It should be a common practise for every fish oil producer. Anyways, I'll finish the whole bottle that I ordered but I guess I'll try another brand next time because I really don't care about the fishy taste :)

Good stuff.

Posted by wadex0r on Oct 17, 2012

Very good value.

Excellent product!

Posted by raytanxy on Nov 20, 2012

Still get my fishy burps but this is still a great product!

Great product, no leakage

Posted by 5047024499761911998 on Jan 08, 2014

Pretty good concentration of EPA/DHA. A bit pricey but quality is up there

i loooove it

Posted by 5208935913968650029 on Jan 23, 2016

i Recommend to the Sporting and all who follow the diet

great product for training

Posted by 5567367158881159058 on Apr 04, 2016

still has fishy burps every now and then like everyone says although the EPA in this is high for a softgel fish oil. my recovery time improved hugely from dosing this twice a day. Very impressed with the quality!

5/5

Posted by Reviewer2213150 on Jan 08, 2012

5 stars

Much larger than expected.

Posted by 4668530754073788657 on Jan 01, 2016

Not much of an orange flavour and I still get a few fishy burps every now and then. Softgels are much larger than expected so they are not that easy to swallow. But I like the EPA/DHA amounts.