HEAVILY PERFUMED! I have MCS & this smell is overpowering, TOXIC & SYNTHETIC to me!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jan 23, 2014

Sorry for the title caps, but I'm trying to warn others here. If like me you have severe MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities aka a trivial name for life-threatening allergies to synthetic chemicals) you will want to pass on this one. I'm sorry for the 1 star review but it is that bad! I just received my huge iHerb package and as soon as I opened it, it reeked of synthetic flowery chemicals which triggered my symptoms!! Since I used to buy this item in the late 80's/early 90's, (way before my illness), I was so sure this wasn't it and I was pretty distressed trying to place it: I thought my safe laundry detergent had been stored in the warehouse next to fragranced synthetic ones but no, it's fine. I thought it was the EO spray, but no: Aura Cacia is natural and lavender is not toxic to me. Plus I sprayed it and I'm fine, no symptoms. Incredulously, I finally smelled this container: it's the noxious culprit! I can't go near it, I had to bag it so that it doesn't waft in my small home. Unfortunately, iHerb had not put this one in a plastic baggy. Mind you, the weather is very cold and this only traveled for one day! That's how toxic and overpowering this scent is that it still took over the entire package and made everything smell so terribly toxic to me! So, I'm sorry for not reviewing the powder itself but I can't; I'm not opening this at all, will return it to iHerb. I'm having bad luck finding a good non-toxic body powder. The coconut one does not trigger my MCS symptoms but I still can't take that overpowering "per-fumes" either, although that one is natural. This says "natural fragrance" but as we in the organic community know, "natural" means nothing at all and some unscrupulous companies get away with labeling toxic items as such. If you have a baby, please don't use this on him/her, even if you can! This is not safe to them and babies have a delicate system. Please do not use near pets either, too toxic and dogs and other animals have a very sensitive nose. This will only work for those who regularly use drug store brands, it's heavily perfumed. I wish I had known and saved me the hassle, but my pain is your gain: now you know this won't be safe for you either if you have MCS.

Great

Posted by Reviewer1466433 on Nov 06, 2009

I was happy to find a baby powder with no talc. Works great as a dry shampoo for blondes, has the same ingredients (Arrowroot, Kaolin Clay) as expensive dry shampoo brands.

Dry shampoo

Posted by mittens55 on Jul 07, 2012

Use this as dry shampoo, works well on blonde hair, smells great. Nice to know there are no chemicals in it! However I am not a fan of the container - it's paper so be careful not to get it wet. The top dispenser is also a bit annoying, I end up wasting a bit of product after each use - not a big problem though!

I like it

Posted by Reviewer2852612 on Dec 27, 2012

This powder smells like normal johnsons baby powder, and feels very similar, but does not have talc or anything else bad in it. It is important to me that I use all natural products on my son when he gets here, and I have used it a few times on myself already.

great product, great service

Posted by Reviewer3355837 on Mar 27, 2010

the product itself is the most perfect powder ever for baby or adult, no matter what your condition. the shipping and customer service at this store is absolutely the ideal experience with internet shopping.

Great !

Posted by OrganicGirl on May 31, 2013

Fine texture, smells really nice, great price and all natural. It works surprisingly well as deodorant. Be aware Orange and particularly Lavender fragrance can irritate your skin, even if the fragrance is natural. That is the reason I prefer Nature's Paradise Coconut Baby Powder. Feel free to visit my page (click on my name) for more reviews.

Not impressed

Posted by 5305417806478798051 on Apr 12, 2014

Bought this based on all the good reviews. Found the smell a bit funky, not comfy and baby like. I also experience a grainy feel when I apply. Not what I expected and won't repurchase.

Good product, great value

Posted by Reviewer2649543 on May 07, 2010

We use this for baby and adult use---works great! Haven't found a better price anywhere else!

Feel like a baby again yet still be an adult!

Posted by Reviewer1015438 on Dec 08, 2009

This product is amazing in its texture and smell. Even though it is called Baby Powder - the scent is great for adults too. Not too overpowering. The texture is smooth and silky. You can feel like a baby feels yet still be an adult about it. I highly recommend this product and have been using it for years!!

T-zone oil control powder.

Posted by Reviewer1176031 on Dec 20, 2008

I dust it on my T-zone like any facial powder, and it is Great at absorbing oil. I'm fair completed and it blends in. Smells like baby powder but mildly after the first few minutes.