Not for candida sufferers or those with lyme/M.E.

Posted by Reviewer2657281 on Apr 06, 2011

I tried these tablets as an alternative to Jarrow's methyl B-12, as I'd read somewhere that this form of the vitamin absorbs less mercury from amalgams into the bloodstream. As I suffer from chronic lyme disease (also diagnosed with severe M.E) for which heavy metal poisoning is part of the problem, I thought this would be a good idea at the time. However, I did not reckon on the sorbitol they contain to be a problem. But since using them more frequently I've noticed an increase in candida symptoms (yeast infection, which I haven't had for years), which we lymies and M.E./CFS people are prone to if we ingest anything too sweet. I've since found that sorbitol, like many other sweeteners, is contraindicated for people with my condition, and precipitates the increase in lyme bacteria as well, as they love the acid environment it produces. So beware if this is you. To be fair, I did notice a slight increase in energy after taking them, and I do think the added folic acid, with which it works together, is a good thing. So it's probably a good one to take if you aren't prone to candida or have lyme disease/CFS/M.E, but I wouldn't advise you take this product if you have these conditions or have ever experienced candida/fungal flare-ups before.

Helped my Chronic Fatigue

Posted by Reviewer2823202 on Feb 01, 2010

This really helps me, may have changed my life since I have been low energy far far to long to remember! Use under tongue and supplement with methylfolate.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2142053 on Mar 23, 2009

This seems to be the best B-12-supplement, after B-12-injections.

B-12

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Sep 27, 2008

Good glass bottle and cap. Works good. Melts in about 8 minutes. Pill is fairly small, alot smaller than Jarrow. I don't like silica, so I will use Natural Factors B-12 and Source Naturals Advanced B-12 Complex instead.

Added folic acid which is not good for MTHFR mutations

Posted by Reviewer2248116 on Jun 01, 2016

I would be a great product with out the folic acid. I must have missed this when I ordered so it's my fault but I wished they didn't add the folic acid. Most people probably don't even know they have the mutation which makes folic acid harmful

Great supplements

Posted by 5126840399562811709 on Jul 23, 2013

Used this product in combination with Methyl B12 for 1.5 months and am very happy with the results. I recovered very fast after more than 6 months suffering with all kind of complains. Gradually increased the dose to 6 lozenges per day as I was suffering from B 12 deficiency and the injections (hydroxocobalamine) were nor really helpful in my case. Thank you so much for bringing my life back!

Good compensation

Posted by Reviewer2491462 on May 29, 2008

I have no stomach, so I need to absorb B12 in some way, and this seems to help.

Sublingual b12; work better than tablets you swallow! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Jul 10, 2013

These are to be slowly disolved under the tongue or you can put them between your upper/lower gum and teeth. If it can last 45 minutes it is better because your system gets it a a slower pace and not all at once. I can't absorb b12 from my food but these have been a great help. I use methyl b12 too. I will buy these again and again.

Sublingual B-12

Posted by Reviewer1942977 on Nov 03, 2008

Seems to be a good product. Takes a while for the tablet to dissolve, but hopefully is as bioavailable as it claims to be.

The less common form of B12

Posted by Reviewer2534376 on Sep 17, 2012

I didn't know that this form was available until I spotted it here. It's also known as adenosyl-B12... which confused me for a while. It's not clear whether the methyl or hydroxyl forms of B12 are superior. It's possible that they're all similar. They're all superior to the cyano-B12 form... which is most commonly added to vitamins. One of B12's roles in the body is to remove cyanide... in which case any form except the cyano form would probably work quite well. So far my favourites are the hydroxy-B12 (very uncommon) and methyl-B12 (second most common). :-)