July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Country Life, Gluten Free, Active B12 Dibencozide, 3000 mcg, 60 Lozenges

We like it!

Posted by Reviewer3020516 on Jun 30, 2009

Good product, helps with sound sleep and dreaming.

Good ad-B12 but would be better without folic acid

Posted by Reviewer1479595 on Apr 23, 2011

This is a good ad b12, but it would be better for some of us if it didn't have folic acid. Folic acid can cause a problem with folate absorption, and result in folate. I get more tired from anything with folic acid, despite the other good effects.

Not for candida sufferers or those with lyme/M.E.

Posted by Reviewer2657281 on Apr 06, 2011

I tried these tablets as an alternative to Jarrow's methyl B-12, as I'd read somewhere that this form of the vitamin absorbs less mercury from amalgams into the bloodstream. As I suffer from chronic lyme disease (also diagnosed with severe M.E) for which heavy metal poisoning is part of the problem, I thought this would be a good idea at the time. However, I did not reckon on the sorbitol they contain to be a problem. But since using them more frequently I've noticed an increase in candida symptoms (yeast infection, which I haven't had for years), which we lymies and M.E./CFS people are prone to if we ingest anything too sweet. I've since found that sorbitol, like many other sweeteners, is contraindicated for people with my condition, and precipitates the increase in lyme bacteria as well, as they love the acid environment it produces. So beware if this is you. To be fair, I did notice a slight increase in energy after taking them, and I do think the added folic acid, with which it works together, is a good thing. So it's probably a good one to take if you aren't prone to candida or have lyme disease/CFS/M.E, but I wouldn't advise you take this product if you have these conditions or have ever experienced candida/fungal flare-ups before.

A perfect partner for methylcobalamin

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jan 23, 2008

We use this to complete some quirky B12 needs, and prefer to use separate pills of dibencozide and methylcobalamin to get the dose we want.

good for energy

Posted by Reviewer2402326 on May 25, 2011

I have been tested and it showed that I have a shortage of B12. I sometimes get B12 injections, but I take these daily. To be honest I take these every other day. On the other day I take Superior B12 (lozenges), also from Country Life. I feel like I have the best combination there. Some say that this one is the best vitamin B12 (dibencozide), some say the other (= methylcobalamin) is the best. I take both (not on the same day). I like Country Life, I trust this brand. They really give energy. I advise you to take a vitamin B complex as well.