iHerb Customer Reviews
Great for headache, nausea and to absorb any toxins.
10 people found the following review helpful
Posted by Reviewer3192109 on Dec 01, 2007
I take 1 capsule every morning to absorb toxins. It really helps with nausea and headaches and dizzy woozy feelings. I have late stage chronic lyme disease.
It's good for you
8 people found the following review helpful
Posted by Reviewer2719565 on Jul 02, 2008
There is virtually no limit to the amount of charcoal you can swallow, so if it works for you, go for it. I have 8 capsules a day in an attempt to reduce cholesterol (unproven yet) and control digestion (that is is 100% proven and has been in use for hundreds, if not thousands, of years). The only thing to watch for is NOT to swallow your charcoal within 2-3 hours of some vital medicines you may be on, since charcoal would reduce or cancel their effects.
Country Life, Charcoal, 260 mg (4 gr.), 100 Capsules
14 people found the following review helpful
Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Feb 27, 2009
Charcoal is safe. Toxicology studies have proven that activated charcoal is basically harmless. Activated charcoal is highly absorbent; however, when it is ingested at the same time as medication, supplements and foods it may decrease their absorption and utilization. Therefore, always allow 2 hours before and wait 2 hours after using activated charcoal to eat, take supplements or swallow medication. The regular use of activated charcoal improves the adaptive functioning of essential organs (the liver, kidneys, and adrenals). That translates into better defense mechanisms. Please Note: The presence of the amino acid supplement N-Acetyl-Cysteine ("NAC") reduces the ability of activated charcoal to absorb acetaminophen ("Tylenol").
Country Life, Charcoal
5 people found the following review helpful
Posted by Reviewer1417983 on Apr 26, 2009
Charcoal is a staple in my medicine cabinet. I have used it for digestive problems, after becoming nauseated from eating something that turned out to be off, flu, gastrointestinal upset and the list goes on. I have even used it for our dog when his bowel has been loose. A product I would never be without.
A real life saver
4 people found the following review helpful
Posted by Reviewer1136629 on Jul 23, 2008
I get many food allergies (some I didn't even know I had) and when I get a reaction I take a couple of these and they help to counteract the reaction and soon I am feeling better. I also got a nasty spider bite and used these to help absorb the poison from it and within a short time (about a day later after taking 3-4) the hole in my leg from the bite started getting better. Good to keep on hand for a stomach upset too as they help to make it better.