It's good for you

Posted by Reviewer2719565 on Jul 02, 2008

There is virtually no limit to the amount of charcoal you can swallow, so if it works for you, go for it. I have 8 capsules a day in an attempt to reduce cholesterol (unproven yet) and control digestion (that is is 100% proven and has been in use for hundreds, if not thousands, of years). The only thing to watch for is NOT to swallow your charcoal within 2-3 hours of some vital medicines you may be on, since charcoal would reduce or cancel their effects.

Country Life, Charcoal, 260 mg (4 gr.), 100 Capsules

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Feb 27, 2009

Charcoal is safe. Toxicology studies have proven that activated charcoal is basically harmless. Activated charcoal is highly absorbent; however, when it is ingested at the same time as medication, supplements and foods it may decrease their absorption and utilization. Therefore, always allow 2 hours before and wait 2 hours after using activated charcoal to eat, take supplements or swallow medication. The regular use of activated charcoal improves the adaptive functioning of essential organs (the liver, kidneys, and adrenals). That translates into better defense mechanisms. Please Note: The presence of the amino acid supplement N-Acetyl-Cysteine ("NAC") reduces the ability of activated charcoal to absorb acetaminophen ("Tylenol").

Country Life, Charcoal

Posted by Reviewer1417983 on Apr 26, 2009

Charcoal is a staple in my medicine cabinet. I have used it for digestive problems, after becoming nauseated from eating something that turned out to be off, flu, gastrointestinal upset and the list goes on. I have even used it for our dog when his bowel has been loose. A product I would never be without.

A real life saver

Posted by Reviewer1136629 on Jul 23, 2008

I get many food allergies (some I didn't even know I had) and when I get a reaction I take a couple of these and they help to counteract the reaction and soon I am feeling better. I also got a nasty spider bite and used these to help absorb the poison from it and within a short time (about a day later after taking 3-4) the hole in my leg from the bite started getting better. Good to keep on hand for a stomach upset too as they help to make it better.

Country Life is a quality brand

Posted by Reviewer1333483 on Feb 18, 2010

I bought this to troubleshoot digestive systems. Works well-

Charcoal

Posted by Reviewer1788788 on Aug 25, 2010

Good for tummy troubles and gas. Took another brand for years, but sure this will work the same.

LLMD recommended to help with toxins, herxes

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jun 27, 2012

Someone in my life has chronic Lyme, and is finally seeing a Lyme literate MD (LLMD) after many years of misdiagnosis and lack of treatment. I had only heard of activated charcoal being used in hospitals for people who overdose on medication, so I was skeptical. The charcoal binds the toxins and helps to pass them out of the body. It binds whatever else as well, so take a couple hours apart from whatever medication and supplements you are taking, with plenty of water. I have used internally and broke open a capsule to use externally on spider bites, etc. Please do not EVER put off going to the ER for any medical emergency. An important addition to any medicine cabinet. Remember to always check with your own doctor to make sure that a supplement is right for you and won't interfere with other things you are taking, etc. Heal well! :)

Absorbs toxins, helps with MCS and the flu

Posted by PurplePegasus on Apr 30, 2012

I bought this for many reasons. Currently doing a liver detox and it helps phase 2, to carry the toxins away; I also take this when there's a chemical attack wafting in my direction and it really helps tone down the horrendous symptoms. (I have MCS or severe chemical allergies due to severe hypoadrenalism). I recently had the flu. I read that a good remedy is cayenne pepper + charcoal together to absorb the toxins caused by the flu and the cayenne helps nuke the flu. It really helped calm down my symptoms. Basically charcoal mops up toxins from chemicals, viruses, parasites and candida but it needs to be taken 2 hours away from taking supplements as it tends to absorb them and carry them out of the body. This is tricky for someone like me who takes so many supplements. I've taken charcoal in the past to deal with food poisoning. It's good for everyone to have in case of emergency, so don't deprive yourself. It also is shelf stable, lasts a long time!

Charcoal capsules

Posted by Reviewer1583487 on Oct 10, 2009

Good product at good price.

Helpful product

Posted by Reviewer1948220 on Mar 07, 2009

Charcoal was recommended to me by my naturopath for gastrointestinal distress, and though I've only taken one dose so far, it relieved the symptoms quickly.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »