Country Life, Gluten Free, Chelated Magnesium, 250 mg, 180 Tablets

Too much Magnesium Oxide

Posted by 5699765198313320730 on Jul 08, 2014

There is more magnesium oxide than magnesium chelate. This is not good, as oxide is less absopted by the body. I also noticed this because I diarrhea since taking these pills. Too bad, as I was hoping to find a great new replacement for my old, too expencive, Magesnium pills for preventing my migraines.

very expensive

Posted by 4871441214480765874 on Mar 05, 2014

very expensive it is not all chalated

Dodgy ingredient labeling

Posted by Reviewer1971755 on Sep 13, 2014

The bottle says "chelated magnesium" on the front but in the list of ingredients it says: Magnesium (as magnesium amino acid chelate, magnesium oxide) It doesn't say what percentage of the Magnesium is from magnesium amino acid chelate and what percent from magnesium oxide. It makes a big difference - magnesium oxide is poorly absorbed. It may only have a very small percentage of chelated Magnesium. Probably why it is cheaper than the other brands of chelated magnesium It is dodgy labelling. You don't know what you are getting.

Corn allergy

Posted by Reviewer2245391 on Feb 24, 2011

I ordered this just before I identified a skin problem as being related to corn allergy. Unfortunately this product can not claim to be corn-free, so it is useless to me. Live and learn.

Country Life Chelated Magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1373824 on Sep 09, 2009

Woke up at 4am, very tired and in need of more sleep... but, I am sometimes a sufferer of that early-morning insomnia which is almost as bad as not being able to fall asleep in the first place. You wake up, the sun is barely rising, and damned if you can get back to sleep again, although your body is begging for it. Took one of these, on the off-chance that it would help. I lay there for a while longer... Next thing I knew, I was waking up, and it was a more civilized hour. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I'll keep taking these. I LOVE these prices too. There is no way I would be able to afford to look after my health if it wasn't for iherb.