Excellent product

Posted by 5602667518288181857 on Sep 02, 2015

I have used this particular brand of L-Lysine for years as it is so effective at preventing painful canker sores on my lips when out in the sun too long or during times of stress. It includes the B vitamin required for proper absorption, which is great so I don't have to buy a supplement just for that reason. I used to get the sores a couple of times a year - now it is maybe 1x every 5 years. I take just 1 pill per day.

Does not seem to make a difference

Posted by 5337363683637102684 on Dec 07, 2014

I tried this for genital herpes for almost a year. Took 1-2 tablets every day(i'm a petite woman) and doubled/tripled the dose when i could feel an outbreak coming and during the outbreak. But it didn't seem to make any difference. Stopped using it, and I have not had an outbreak in a while(of course I guess this is just a coincidence) Maybe it only works for Mouth Herpes...

Better than Whole Foods brand

Posted by Reviewer1437738 on Aug 14, 2012

I ran out and bought some lysine at Whole Foods but my symptoms returned so I am back to Country Life to stay. This big bottle saves money, too.

Works well

Posted by Reviewer2433264 on Feb 20, 2012

One a day is all you really need

Good Stuff !

Posted by Reviewer3235010 on Nov 13, 2011

This is the only thing that keeps cold sores away :o)

big tablet but probably works

Posted by Reviewer2344847 on Aug 31, 2011

I could no longer afford my oral herpes medication, so I decided to take this every day along with Vit C and several other supplements. 6 months later and I haven't had out breaks when I used to get cold sores almost every month! However it is a little too large to swallow comfortably.

great

Posted by Reviewer2674999 on Aug 17, 2011

great

A shame of the added b6

Posted by Reviewer1458229 on Apr 29, 2011

Can't buy this anymore, because there's added b6. B6 is already in my daily multi-vitamin supplement and it's easy to get too much b6 in your system. And too much B6 can be harmful. Really a shame, because the L-Lysine is really good!

best of the best

Posted by Reviewer2017759 on Jan 17, 2011

will be back for more when I use this bottle up

***