Great for acne

Posted by Reviewer3291224 on Nov 12, 2010

I have gone through 4, full, 6-month courses of Accutane, been subjected to numerous topical acne medications, both prescription and over the counter, but nothing ever really lasted. I recently read up on acne and read about B6 being a great supplement for acne. After having tried everything except lasers and chemical peels, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try a little B6. To my surprise, this works! A few months ago, after having used this supplement, I decided to stop taking it, just to see how well it works. Well, sure enough, within a week of being off this B6/P5P, I got zits, big time. It was only when I started taking this supplement again did my acne clear up and stay clear. For some reference, I have had cystic acne in the past. Currently, my acne has indeed gotten better but I would still describe it as 'moderate'. If you have moderate acne, just one pill is enough to see real results. I totally, totally recommend this. It's cheaper and easier to take than Accutane or slathering on layers of often irritating creams or serums.

take with L-Phenylalanine

Posted by Reviewer2712505 on Jul 28, 2010

I take one P-5-P with L-Phenylalanine to help it work better. Good results for me so far. Helping with mood and depression. Take quiz on Dr. Braverman's website to see what amino acids you may be lacking.

Weak potency, p5p needs to be enteric coated

Posted by acollins on Jun 10, 2014

If you are using this as your first time trying p5p then it probably will have an effect on you. I changed to this brand from solgar and NOW brands after using for 2 years everyday and I all a sudden crashed back into depression and despair, fatigue, and physical weakness- I thought I was going crazy and didn't think I would ever get better until I figured this out. P5p needs to be enteric coated or else it's potency is reduced when it gets destroyed by stomach acids. For this reason i recommend using Solgar or NOW brand p5p to get all you can out of each tablet.

Very Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer3119327 on Jul 18, 2010

Great for lowering homocistene levels and other inflammatory markers. Makes a profound difference for me in my mood and sleep patterns.

Essential for Amino Acid absortion! Amazing results!

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on May 04, 2010

Thanks to the free eBook on "The Way Up From Down" website, I discovered that Vitamin B6 P-5-P (Pridoxal 5' Phosphate) is essential for maximum absorption of most amino acids. I thought I was covered by the B6 in my B-50 Complex but I wasn't and it's a really good one! The B6 in my complex is not the Pridoxal 5' Phosphate kind. Chances are your Vitamin B Complex does NOT have the P-5-P version of B6 either as it's hard to find a B Complex that does. I had to order it separately, but it was WELL WORTH IT! I could really tell the difference in effectiveness for all of my supplements and was able to cut down on many of them. It also seemed to give me a better sense of well being and calm without any drowsiness. I'm BiPolar II and Vitamin B6 is one the experts highly recommend for mental calmness and stability. I have seen an improvement in my moods, but am not sure if it's due to this vitamin or the fact that it makes my supplements work so much better. Maybe both! Either way, this is a MUST HAVE!

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer1328218 on May 18, 2009

This has reduced my hands shaking and did so without causing a problem with my liver.

great stuff

Posted by Reviewer2420693 on Dec 28, 2010

We get this as a source of vitamin b, but really more so for the fact that it helps us sleep and gives us super vivid dreams that you can easily remember upon waking. We also tried the Now Foods version, but like this one better. Also super fast delivery and excellent packaging. Great service all around.

helps monthly issues

Posted by Reviewer2279939 on Apr 21, 2011

I'm very happy with this form of b6. I take one tablet 10 days before I'm due to get my period to prevent cramping. I take p5p in my multi as well but this is just extra for that time of the month. Highly recommend it. If it doesn't work you could try slightly increasing the dosage.

ok

Posted by Reviewer2690241 on Nov 11, 2009

I don't if it was just me or if it is this specific brand,but the p5p burns a hole in my stomach which last about 30 mins after taking it.

P5P

Posted by Reviewer3261541 on Sep 17, 2009

This I use with other natural products for building and retaining seratonin for depression, It works great.