a Real therapeutic probiotic product for my situation-after appendix removal....

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 26, 2013

there are hundreds of probiotics out there but not all are working and you should always consider what is your problem and what TYPE of strains do your body needs:there are strains good for the upper digestive system-for heartburn or ulcers and some are better for the large intestine for fighting the bad bacteria colon colonies,so don't be fooled by the billions of CFU because some are very cheap to grow and some are expenssive,you should look for the type that works for your needs.what modern MD's forget to tell you when removing your appendix is that your body can't manufactue B-cells as well as maintaining the good bacteria in your large intestine so i find Bifidobacterium Bifidum very helpful for this problem and can actually feel it working within a few days.of course the others are beneficial as well and help with the digestion in general.this formula somehow maintain the probiotic alive through the intestine while most others is not effective and probably die in the stomach acids.although i'm sure there are a better probiotics out there i find this product very effective for me ...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Very effective. If you've been using another probiotic, your body *may* need a week or so to adjust to these...

Posted by Reviewer2957852 on Feb 16, 2013

So, my main negative about these particular probiotics are that they *did* cause me some fluctuations in normality for a while (about 1-2 weeks). But, when things got better, things were even better than when I was on the probiotic I previously swore by. I bought these on a whim when my local box store was out of the standard ones I used to take (accuflora, still pretty good in my book). Now the positive: Forgive my ignorance here, but from what I have read and understand about the Realfood probiotics, these are fermented, and incorporated with natural foodstuffs, so they are not just a bunch of probiotic strains compacted into a pill and freeze dried. So, I reckon that may be the cause of the mild rearrangement in patterns when you first switch over to these from a product like the one I was taking before. I understand there are lots of probiotics like these, so if you were using a fermented one before and are thinking of trying these, you may not get the fluctuations. In any case, I'm hooked now, and there is no going back to accuflora for me. These have brightened my skin, improved my "habits" in the restroom, you will go reliably 2-3x a day (sorry if tmi), and I managed to escape the ick going about this season, even living in a house full of sick people...I was the only one still healthy and taking care of everyone. So, I'd say there is a real immune system boost from these, too. And this was a heavy duty flu bug that I dodged the bullet on. Family and friends scoff at my "health nut" stuff, but looks like this is one working out for me.

Effective!

Posted by Reviewer1870531 on Jul 19, 2009

These seem nearly as effective as the Garden of Life Ultimate tablets, but don't have any filler. They also have a pleasant smell and taste going down. I love the fact they are organic!

Good

Posted by Reviewer2120882 on Dec 29, 2009

My husband and I were using Dr. Ohhira's probiotics but the price was too high. I switched to this brand and it seems to be just as good. I like that it does not have to be refrigerated and that it's made from real food. It has a strange odor but doesn't deter from using it.

Works great

Posted by Reviewer2910332 on Jul 20, 2011

I have chronic yeast infections and this is the only supplement that has ever worked for me. I'm very scared that I can't seem to find them anymore. Everywhere I look, they are out of stock from the manufacturer. Hopefully they are not discontinuing this because I've come to rely on them. I have spent much more on other probiotics that are useless.

Wouldn't be without this

Posted by Reviewer3204660 on Apr 22, 2010

Best I've found - for me... my digestive systems loves this product!

Country Life, daily Probiotic, easy to swallow tablets.

Posted by Reviewer1014676 on Apr 30, 2009

these really are easy to swallow, and doesn't have any after taste.

No more heartburn!

Posted by Reviewer3129936 on Jun 22, 2009

A few weeks after my husband started taking one of these every morning he realized he no longer had heartburn in the evening (or any time of day). Just one a day does it for him. He won't be without them! And iherb service and delivery are always great!

They ARE "easy to swallow"!

Posted by Reviewer1842198 on Aug 24, 2009

We've been taking them for a few weeks and see some changes. I hope that the aches go away as our bodies get regulated. Digestion is better, though.

SOY Alert

Posted by Reviewer2110722 on Mar 14, 2014

Warning: These contain SOY. SOY is NOT healthy and I was very excited to try these. Shame on them for making such a well rounded and organic product only to top it off with an unhealthy ingredient. I will not be consuming these and sending them back.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »