Great combo !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

Great product and combo! The main ingredient of this product is saw palmetto, an extract which is said to have several beneficial properties for the prostate. Some of its functions include inhibiting the alteration of testosterone to DHT which is another form of hormone that is considered to be involved in BPH development. Saw palmetto is also believed to have properties which could stimulate the normalization of urinary flow and prevents common urinary and bladder problems from recurring. The other ingredient of this product is Pygeum. A popular prostate supporter in Germany, France and Italy, pygeum's active constituents (phytosterols, pentocyclic terpenes and ferulic esters) were first investigated by scientists for their very strong prostate support functions. Pygeum also supports healthy bladder function for regular and complete urination. I bought this product, because I have suffered from prostatitus on and off for about 4 years. Antibiotics sometimes relieve the symptons and sometimes they dont. Have been taking this product for about 4 weeks now. It has definately improved my urine flow already and reduced some of the pain I have in the prostate area. Whether it will improve my condition long term, I do not know, but am happy with the results so far. You don't want to take this supplement on an empty stomach because it's a fat soluble supplement, so it will not absorb well without a little bit of fat. I recommend taking it with eggs, which contain phospholipids that enhance absorption of fat soluble nutrients. Diet is another factor that can greatly impact prostate health. You'll want to eat as much organic (preferably raw) food as possible. Foods that support prostate health include vegetables and fruits rich in vitamins, cartenoids, and lycopene. Also, limit carbohydrates like sugar, fructose, and grains as much as possible to maintain optimal insulin levels.

Country Life, BioChem, Saw Palmetto & Pygeum Extract, 90 Veggie Caps

Posted by Reviewer1992653 on Oct 28, 2008

Is reasonably priced and apparently works well, as I have not experienced any prostate problems since taking it for some years.

J Clark

Posted by Reviewer3282204 on Apr 07, 2008

My husband believes in this product. Upon taking this product his PSA numbers came down.

Country Life, BioChem, Saw Palmetto & Pygeum Extract

Posted by Reviewer2021964 on Jul 08, 2007

I've found this to be very effective - helped with urine flow, etc, etc...all that prostate stuff.

Country Life, BioChem, Saw Palmetto & Pygeum Extract, 90 Veggie Caps

Posted by Reviewer2796296 on Feb 18, 2008

I have been using it for years. It's great.

Over 40

Posted by Reviewer3085629 on Oct 08, 2008

I'm over 40 and most, but not all of the research suggests this will assist in keeping my prostate healthy. Of course, one should study and practice Iyengar yoga to realize greater benefit.

Plumbing problems in older men

Posted by Reviewer2403294 on Nov 18, 2007

At 59 and a half I find that I'm suffering with a common problem found in many men my age, reduced urinary stream. I am giving this a fair chance, but I find that reducing caffine and alcohol help a lot too.

BioChem, Saw Palmetto & Pygeum

Posted by Reviewer2843866 on Mar 21, 2008

Commonly recommended combination of the two herbs without any additional vitamins!

Great product for men and women

Posted by Reviewer2843793 on Jul 04, 2008

My husband and I both take this for overactive bladder. Thus, we get more sleep at nigh.

Saw Palmetto & Pygeum Extract

Posted by Reviewer3003939 on Oct 31, 2011

I started taking these tablets a few weeks ago to block HDT. My hair stopped falling but it is to early to say that it is working as I expect. I am also using the fantastic Maxi-Hair and Rogaine. The products I am buying from iHerb are really good and very cheap.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »