Taste is delicious but 2 questionable ingredients for an organic jam

Posted by PurplePegasus on Feb 21, 2014

The taste truly deserves 5 stars. It's a bit hard to spread as there's a lot of thick chunks of strawberries. That is not the problem. This jam contains 2 dubious ingredients as research indicates they always come from GMO corn, unless specifically otherwise disclosed that they are processed from the very expensive camu, which is here unlikely. Since I have MCS and an impaired liver, it's important to me but this might not be a concern to the very healthy person. These ingredients are ascorbic acid and citric acid; the latter is said to always contain hidden MSG, so it does worry me. I did not react but I want to point this out both in the hopes that Crofter's will remove these unnecessary ingredients and for people who, like me, are either impaired and/or concerned about long term health effects. Sadly, this is the best organic jam (or fruit spread or jelly) currently available on iHerb so far as ingredients. I might purchase again, but it does worry me. I wish I were healthier and could eat anything without guilt.

Good and organic

Posted by Reviewer2074869 on Apr 30, 2014

I read that strawberries are one of the fruits that requires more pesticides. I like that this product is organic and doesn't have additives.

Pointless

Posted by 5195126391301045577 on May 18, 2016

I accidentally bought this one thinking it was sugar free...it isn't. It has the exact same nutritional value as any average jam- I think it's selling point is that it's organic? I'm not particularly concerned with organic vs non-organic food so as far as jams/fruit spreads go it was a pointless purchase. In terms of taste it was neither bad nor good, it was just...jam!

very good

Posted by Ollgga on Jul 04, 2011

very good

Strawberry fruit spread

Posted by Reviewer2926004 on Jul 20, 2011

Great texture and flavor

From Norway

Posted by Reviewer2075220 on Aug 26, 2011

I order this regularly. Its so good:)

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2918645 on Sep 05, 2011

yummy

Very good taste!

Posted by Reviewer1470517 on May 23, 2012

This spread has a rich strawberry taste, with the perfect ammount of sugar in it. Will definitely buy again. - And the jar itself is very cute...:-)

Strawberry, strawberry

Posted by Reviewer2054091 on Sep 08, 2013

In a word, YUM. Makes life worthwhile, ya know what I mean?

good

Posted by 5419545816592111678 on Jan 07, 2014

good