Culturelle, Health & Wellness Probiotic, 30 Veggie Caps

Digestive & Immune System Health

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 09, 2012

This is THE single most important supplement that I've ever taken, and it is worth every penny. I'm a 37 year old woman who was born with unexplained splenomegally (enlargement of the spleen; mine was the size of a football). When I was 6 years old, the spleen was surgically removed and I was then prescribed 500mg of penicillin DAILY, INDEFINITELY (GASP). I continued on this antibiotic regimen for 14 years until the age of 20, when I decided to go against my doctor's advice and take my health back (and stop creating antibiotic-resistant pathogenic bacteria). There was a LOT of damage to be un-done. Not only was I missing a spleen, but most of the good bacteria in my body (which actually contributes to about 70% of one's immunity) was destroyed by the antibiotics. Understandably, I was perpetually sick with colds, bronchitis, and other ailments through my mid-twenties - even after I stopped the penicillin. It wasn't until I started taking Culturelle about 10 years ago that my health started to turn around (I also started receiving acupuncture, and I believe both of these were key). I now RARELY get sick! I've also tried other brands of probiotics, including Dr. Ohhira, but Culturelle works better for me. Also, these work great as a treatment for vaginal yeast infections - just use as a vaginal suppository 1-2 times a day until symptoms are relieved (be sure to also use a pantyliner).

Does not seem to work at all anymore

Posted by Reviewer1519649 on Dec 21, 2010

In the past this product accomplished great things for me and for my two dogs. Unfortunately it does not seem to work at all anymore. I am very disappointed.

Feeling well,

Posted by Reviewer2795841 on Apr 15, 2008

this is my 1st box and I've been using for two weeks once a day.I use along with NOW super enzymes and my digestive system is in vey good shape.This is the best probiotic i've used. Try it and I'm sure you'll like it. Oh, and don't forget to buy it from IHerb, they have best price on it and deliver it fast to you.

For symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis

Posted by Reviewer3146816 on Oct 24, 2008

I was on Asacol for the symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis. Culturelle is the only product that alleviated my discomfort. Try it! You have nothing to lose except many trips to the bathroom.

Recommended by Dr. Weil

Posted by Reviewer2611769 on Aug 03, 2008

Rated one of the best probiotics by Dr. Andrew Weil.