Culturelle

Posted by Reviewer1353032 on May 01, 2008

It's unfortunate that the new company to take over production of Culturelle chose to take the capsules from a 30 billion potency to 10 billion, and charge the same price.

Excellent for Antibiotic Issues

Posted by Reviewer2429494 on Sep 06, 2010

Six and a half stars!!! Five years ago I was given intravenous antibiotics for pneumonia, which resulted in severe antibiotic-induced, burning diarrhea. I took a lot of stuff and it took a long time to figure it out, but Culturelle was the only thing which was effective for me. One pill per day and within two days all my movements were solid and well-formed. Culturelle plus B6 also cured the anal fissures which completely eliminated the burning. For diarrhea issues, Culturelle (and also apple cider vinegar) is an essential part of my personal pharmacopeia.

Digestive & Immune System Health

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 09, 2012

This is THE single most important supplement that I've ever taken, and it is worth every penny. I'm a 37 year old woman who was born with unexplained splenomegally (enlargement of the spleen; mine was the size of a football). When I was 6 years old, the spleen was surgically removed and I was then prescribed 500mg of penicillin DAILY, INDEFINITELY (GASP). I continued on this antibiotic regimen for 14 years until the age of 20, when I decided to go against my doctor's advice and take my health back (and stop creating antibiotic-resistant pathogenic bacteria). There was a LOT of damage to be un-done. Not only was I missing a spleen, but most of the good bacteria in my body (which actually contributes to about 70% of one's immunity) was destroyed by the antibiotics. Understandably, I was perpetually sick with colds, bronchitis, and other ailments through my mid-twenties - even after I stopped the penicillin. It wasn't until I started taking Culturelle about 10 years ago that my health started to turn around (I also started receiving acupuncture, and I believe both of these were key). I now RARELY get sick! I've also tried other brands of probiotics, including Dr. Ohhira, but Culturelle works better for me. Also, these work great as a treatment for vaginal yeast infections - just use as a vaginal suppository 1-2 times a day until symptoms are relieved (be sure to also use a pantyliner).

no affect

Posted by Reviewer2492424 on Oct 13, 2010

these don't seem to help or affect any intestinal issue whatsoever -- i'll stop with this after finishing the last box probiotic quality control seems to be lacking here

Nope

Posted by Reviewer3254293 on Jun 21, 2010

I got this from so many friends that recommended it and good reviews. Sadly it did not work well for me at all. I suffer from IBS and I had it under control with a different probiotic, I took this one for 1 month and it made my IBS just come back full force. Will not get again.