Boo

Posted by WrensNest on May 04, 2013

This cacao tastes very good, but it has been bought out by Hershey's. Hershey's is spending a lot of money working against GMO labeling. :(

Quality cacao but won't be repurchasing

Posted by HonestReviewsHere on Mar 19, 2014

I make hot cocoa with raw honey and it tastes delicious with this powder. I know most of you will not believe me but it was my first cocoa in a while and I was high, similar to a marijuana high but that only occurred the first time (d*mn it). However, I won't be buying another container after finding out that Dagoba has been bought out by Hershey's. Large corporations cannot be trusted.

Not Thick Enough

Posted by SassySingaporean on Apr 22, 2013

Felt it didn't have the cocoa oomph in it. Needed to use more to get it to taste chocolatey and it didn't dissolve easily I drink A LOT of cocoa and Green&Blacks organic cocoa is the best I've had so far. Bought it cos it was non-alkalised. Will try another brand. Was good for baking though.

I wish there was a 6th star!

Posted by Reviewer3137441 on Jun 30, 2012

You will never go back to the mass produced products once you use this. I was hooked the second I smelled it. Rich but not bitter, natural not processed. Can be used in recipies that call for either cacao powder or cocoa powder.Truly Amazing!

I love this

Posted by 5303540637256700756 on Jan 12, 2016

I loved Dagoba, but it is no longer Fair Trade certified since the company was sold to Hershey's. If you've never heard of Hershey's use of child labor and slavery in their chocolate production, please educate yourself. I have moved on to other chocolate producers

Nothing special

Posted by 4831595019695190929 on Dec 01, 2013

i was hoping for a great cacao taste but this is a very mediocre cacao. nothing special about it, you can buy similar in just about any store for a lower price.

Quality product and gluten free!

Posted by Reviewer3188597 on Feb 29, 2012

I've been using this Cacao powder for years. Its a quality product, gluten free, and iherb.com has one of the best prices around (and I live in a major city). This is a raw, unsweetened cacao powder, so if you are making a healthy transition from sweetened, processed cocoa powders, don't expect it to taste like the "Hershey's" you may be used to. Once you get used to it, this adds a rich, chocolately taste, but without the sugar. I like to use it mostly in my smoothies and to make a no-bake, chocolate brownie with ground walnuts and dates; its great for other making other chocolately treats as well!

love it!

Posted by Reviewer1831910 on Dec 03, 2011

much better than other cacao powders I've had. really good taste.

Superb

Posted by Cyberoo on Apr 02, 2012

Lovely cocoa which is ideal for my no sugar coconut chocolate recipe. I mix some cocoa with dessicated organic coconut and virgin coconut oil, pour into a mould, refrigerate and voila in half an hour I have some very addictive chocolate snacks sans sugar!

Good cacao

Posted by opheart on Jul 27, 2012

Very nice chocolate flavour. We use it as a beverage, in bakery, in smoothies, home-made truffles. There is a lot of pleasure inside this pack.