Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Derma E, Overnight Peel with Alpha Hydroxy Acids, 2 fl oz (60 ml)

► A Star Product, A Well-Formulated Fairly Priced AHA Lotion

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Dec 14, 2013

This is a Star Product for those who are looking for a well-formulated AHA lotion. With 5% glycolic acid plus lower amounts of the lesser-known AHA ingredients lactic and malic acids, all formulated at an effective pH level of 3. IMHO, this product is a great exfoliant especially for those with normal to dry, sun-damaged skin. It contains antioxidants and a dry skin-friendly mix of emollients, while the fragrance from lemon extract is subtle. In many respects, the antioxidants chosen have very reliable scientific records when it comes to their skin-care benefits. Those antioxidants are essential to stimulate healthy collagen production. Packaging is correct for this product as air-tight packaging is critical to ingredient efficacy and stability, and antioxidants deteriorate in the presence of air. It is very normal to experience a small amount of tingling. It dissipated quickly and stop altogether with ongoing use. Within a few weeks of applications, my skin experiences renewed texture, color and tone, as well as a reduction in the appearance of sun damage and fine lines. Taking everything into account, I highly recommend this high performance cost-effective product. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Alpha Hydroxy Acids Beauty Fluid,

Posted by Reviewer3288263 on Apr 12, 2010

It contains 5% AHA at a pH of 3. This sentence is very important, because AHA just work at this degree and then exfoliate well.

The best for problematic skin

Posted by Reviewer1447180 on Nov 02, 2010

I have mixed type of skin and it is getting dirty pretty quickly. It is also rough and the main problem is scars and pigmentation spots caused by acne. I am using this for a couple weeks and the results are already noticable. My skin has became more smoother and illuminating. I am using it every evening and morning (mixing with C-Ester Serum in the morning). Highly recommended product.

Skin saver!

Posted by Reviewer2427644 on Sep 16, 2011

I always thought I had sensitive/reactive skin... and I read other reviews saying how this might sting when applied... Well, for me, very minimal to NO stinging. I started off slow -- using this once every other night -- but have no progressed to using every morning before my Derma E Alpha-Lipoic C-Ester serum. I always notice an immediate calming effect and shrunken pores. After about 2 weeks my face is the clearest it's been in a LONG time. I LOVE THIS!

Good for sensitive skin

Posted by Reviewer1967658 on Apr 09, 2009

It burns a little, but it makes me feel like it's actually doing something. My face is sensitive and it doesn't seem to have any negative after effects. Just don't get any sun the next day, you'll burn way more easily. You'll be satisfied if you realize this is just an exfoliator, not a miracle worker.