what has happened to this brand of oil?

Posted by PurplePegasus on Oct 19, 2016

I bought this in the past when it had the old natural colored labels and I loved it. My old bottle the same Desert Essence brand has a greenish yellow product, good; this one is golden yellow. I am always wary of label changes as it almost always means "altered on the down low for the worst" product. This is the case here. I put this on my face and it smelled perfumey. I put it on my arms and my skin smelled of bacon but I haven't cooked any bacon! I was careful not to buy the organic one as that smells like burnt tires. Now, it's been a few minutes and my skin smells plasticky! the same happened after I put it on my face. I do not know what is wrong with their product but I am switching brands and hoping for the best. only good thing is they switched the cap and it no longer leaks all over the place. The smell is toxic to my MCS. Avoid!

Great for dry hair!

Posted by JuliaNZ on Dec 08, 2014

I purchased this product because I have heard that it is good for your hair. I always blow dry my hair to give it volume but I find that I always have very dry ends. I have been putting this product just on those dry ends after blow drying and I have seen a remarkable difference. I only use a tiny bit and it makes my frizzy ends so much smoother. It is not greasy or shiny, just hydrating :)

Great Product!

Posted by 4655522717510653752 on Jul 02, 2015

TWO THUMBS UP! After switching to Argan Oil for my facial and hair moisturizer, I decided to switch to Jojoba Oil since I had heard good things about it. Love it! I love that it makes my face feel moisturized but no overly greasy like Argan Oil tends to do. I do have to make sure I rub it in well, but I think that applies with all oils. I use this for my hair as well and have had great results as well! My bf uses it and loves it, considering he's extremely acne-prone and has eczema. Definitely will repurchase!

Repito

Posted by Elisabb on Jul 17, 2014

Me gusta mucho este aceite, repito con esta talla más pequeña por que no podía poner más pesó en el pedido.

Great, does the job

Posted by 4718799482153576820 on Oct 05, 2015

I bought this for getting rid of fine lines around my eyes and am seeing slow but definite improvement. It's also great as a cleanser, makeup remover, 'serum' and hair treatment, so definitely worth your money.

Genial

Posted by 5177954545717102480 on May 26, 2014

Mr encanta para hidratarme la cara antes de acostarme. Me levanto por la mañana sintiendo la piel hidratada.

This brand works great!

Posted by 5291306058718481021 on Aug 24, 2016

This oil is so light and absorbent. I frequently add 2 or 3 drops of oil to my palms, rub them in, and then run my hands through my daughters and my wet hair prior to braiding for a little extra conditioning

Great for controlling oily skin and giving moisture to dry skin.

Posted by 5366260184309401433 on May 18, 2015

I bought this because I saw a review about controlling oily skin with jojoba oil. I have been using this less than a week but I really like how it moisturize my skin without feeling too oily( you can control the amount: for oily skin, just 2-3 drops will do). It's 100% cold-pressed jojoba oil, so I get(at least I think) the benefit of pure jojoba :D

Very good bottle of jojoba oil

Posted by 5151416500217566218 on Mar 21, 2016

This is quite good for my eczema-prone skin. I use it to apply around my mouth and below the nose and it almost hear the eczema problem. Although it gave me a small zit but it dried up quickly and that is better than eczema anytime.

One star because I couldn't pick zero

Posted by 5562677165003634599 on Jan 11, 2015

The oil was not jojoba oil. Desert essence does not make a 2oz bottle of pure jojoba oil. In the past I used the desert essence brand jojoba oil from elsewhere and it cleared my skin completely. However, this one broke me out terribly. Please be careful and do your own research.