Desert Essence, Organic Jojoba Oil for Hair, Skin & Scalp, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

nature's gift

Posted by Reviewer2763853 on May 12, 2010

this is my 3rd bottle in a row. I use it on my hair, my lip, my face, and sometimes ankles! It is Nature's gift :) I cant imagine living without it.

love love love!

Posted by Reviewer3270177 on Aug 11, 2011

Jojoba oil is such a great product I can recommend to everyone w/normal-oily skin. I don't have any breakouts and the pores seem less visible. It also reduces any whiteness of zinc oxide sunscreens. I use it as a sebum remover (as if you are using cleansing oil but I use it after I remove my makeup w/cleansing wipes and then wash the oil off w/cleanser) Great body/face moisturiser. hair treatment. 1 drop of oil should be enough for your entire face. Under makeup it makes your face dewy so these days I stopped putting foundation on my face.

Has a strong "plasticky" odor

Posted by PurplePegasus on May 05, 2011

The non-organic one had no odor so I don't understand why this one smells so strong, and not pleasantly to the point that I'm wondering if it's perished? Desert Essence ought to pack this oil in a glass container and with a pour spot that is not conducive to spilling! This oil arrived to me the next day after shipping but it probably traveled for hours in the back of a very hot truck as it was delivered very late in the day. I wonder if xenoestrogens leached from the plastic onto the oil ruining its organic purity? I don't feel comfortable using this product.

great for hair and scalp

Posted by Reviewer2117535 on Oct 25, 2009

I ordered this based on the reviews here...I'm not disappointed...I rub some on my scalp and into my hair before bed...and in the morning when I wash my hair, it's got much better body and looks healthier.

Jojoba oil

Posted by Jarousek on Feb 15, 2009

I have used this one for years and it definitely keeps my skin young and vibrant.