Sodium lauryl sulfate

Posted by Reviewer2487128 on Mar 19, 2012

No SLS this company claims. Well Sodium coco sulfate that is listed in this shampoo has the exact same chemical number as the strong harmful substance Sodium lauryl sulfate. Sodium coco sulfate=Sodium lauryl sulfate. I bought this shampoo without checking ingredient list properly first. Smells good but will put it in the trash since I do NOT use harmful strong sulfates in my hair. I hate when companies try to fool consumers. Everything else I have bought at iherb has been good but this one was a big NO.

SLS from Coconut not good

Posted by MacnAZ on Jun 05, 2016

I have been doing the best that I can to avoid SLS and SLES for many months. I was pleased that I had learned that these chemicals could cause skin problems and that it was best to AVOID them. You can find these chemicals in toothpaste, soaps and many other items that will contact your body in one way or another. A couple of weeks ago I started to wonder about Sodium Coco Sulfate and decided to do research and find ANSWERS! When I did the research I was very disappointed with what I found because the companies that are making a BIG DEAL about their product being from coconut is misleading. It is an outright LIE that the coconut form of SLS is different. It is NOT! They are DECEIVING the consumer. Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Coco Sulfate are chemically THE SAME! [CH3(CH2)11SO4Na] There is no difference in the molecular structure. They are synthetic detergents. Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) is made by mixing lauryl alcohol with sulfuric acid and then adding sodium carbonate. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) is actually worse and to make it less irritating they ethoxylate it. This means they add ethylene oxide to modify it. This reduces the irritation level of the chemical. SLES is a cheaper form of SLS and that is why many companies use it. The source of the raw materials; whether from coconut oil, palm oil or petroleum does not matter. Through the chemical synthesizing process the end product is still SLS or SLES and it is STILL BAD! The end product is very different from the raw materials that are used. I am not able to put my source links here, so do some research of your own and then we can expose the deceptive labeling that some companies are using.

Not good for my hair

Posted by Reviewer2762075 on Apr 30, 2012

Way too drying for my hair, won't be being again. Nice smell though.

Dried my hair out

Posted by 4717978011580640411 on Apr 27, 2014

Did not like this shampoo at all. The scent is overly sweet and artificial. It did clean my hair relatively ok, but it dried it out like crazy. It became coare and tangled and just very nasty looking. If you are on the hunt for volume, this certainly is a volumizing shampoo, but only because it dries the heck out of my hair. After using this, I would get clumps of tangles which were really hard to smooth out. And my hair isn't even prone to tangles in general. Run and do not look back.

No merece la pena

Posted by Reviewer1304191 on Nov 14, 2014

Olor muy artificial y desagradable, no te deja el pelo ni especialmente bien ni mal, un champu que pasa sin pena ni gloria con un olor muy muy artificial y desagradable

Smells good

Posted by 4978179101129172687 on Jul 11, 2013

Smells amazing, but my hair got fat/dirty ones it god dry

Have not tried this yet

Posted by 5591633905246462519 on Aug 03, 2013

Have not tried this yet

Déçue des frais de douanes!

Posted by 5410582779891882564 on May 16, 2015

J'ai refais une commande sur le site qui m'est revenue à un montant de 43€ et quelques centimes. Je trouve déjà le prix relativement élevé pour 4 produits... Et j'ai eu, de plus, la mauvaise surprise de devoir payer 21€ de frais de douanes à l'arrivée de mon minuscule colis. Je trouve ça vraiment très élevé, et je suis déçue de cela. De plus, les formats des produits ont été revus à la baisse. Bref, je ne commanderais plus sur ce site, 64€ pour deux shampoings et deux après shampoing, c'est clairement inacceptable.

J'attends toujours

Posted by 5072055205319694545 on Feb 27, 2014

J'attends toujours ce produit jamais reçu donc je ne puis en vanter les mérites totalement inexistants sur moi si ce n'est mon porte-monnaie délesté. Dommage !