Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Face Wash - Original, Oily & Combination Skin, 32 fl oz (946 ml)

Reviews 2-star

Made my face soft, but....

Posted by Reviewer2516828 From Minnesota on Feb 21, 2009

When I first started using this I thought it was great. I wasn't so excited about the tea tree oil smell, and it was a bit runny, but it made my face soft and my skin was less blotchy looking, but after I had used it for about a week my skin broke out on my cheeks, which it has never done before. I am only using for body wash now and it seems to work well. I might try it on my face again to see if the break out was caused by something else.

not for me

Posted by Reviewer1067167 From North Carolina on Oct 13, 2011

this products seems like a great cleanser, however, it caused me to break out more, and my husband used it and broke out with pimples too! My sis says it's a great spot cleanser for her breakouts, so i think it works on people differently. the amount of cleanser for the money however is a great value.

too harsh

Posted by may291 on Apr 27, 2012

Read so many reviews praising this stuff, but wasn't good for me. Far too drying and irritating! I had oily skin with sometimes severe cystic acne. Finding the root cause of the breakouts (food sensitivities) and using less/gentler topical stuff was better.

disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2870647 From California on Dec 05, 2010

This is my first time writing a negative review of any product from iherb.com. This product irritated my skin but i kept using it cause the bottle says that its normal. But then i broke out along side my cheeks which never happends. I do still like using it for as my body wash, it made me itchy at first but that stoped after a few more uses.