Mouthwash is pleasant but acidic - bad for teeth!

Posted by 4616715287013331533 on Mar 17, 2016

Being the geek I am, I always pH-test mouthwashes to make sure they are alkaline, which is needed for protection of enamel. I'm shocked by this one - it comes it at pH4, meaning markedly acidic. I did wonder about that from looking at the ingredients before purchase, but hoped the chemists had worked some magic. Shame, because it's otherwise an OK formula - fresh enough and not too strong. I will be adding sodium bicarbonate to bring it up to about pH8, which may mess with the formula but at least I won't be rinsing my enamel with acid :|.

tastes weird, big bottle

Posted by 5020995655793396451 on Jul 25, 2014

I like the size And it does feel fresh but I see no whitening effect at all.

Pleasant soft taste

Posted by 5204348369338519205 on Oct 15, 2014

Really pleasant taste, a little on the sweet side, not hars at all, you can hardly feel the tea tree oil which normally has a very distinct taste. Didn't notice a lot of whitening effect yet (half bottle down, but refreshing and cleaning. Nicely priced. Will reorder.

my favorite brand for mouth wash and toothpaste

Posted by annabanana on May 08, 2015

the freshest natural mouthwash i've found out there. I have wasted so much money trying different brands that don't come close to Desert Essence. Love this mouthwash, great mint taste and leaves my mouth feeling fresh and moisturized if that makes any sense :) Does not dry out like other alcohol-based mouthwashes. Me and my family love Desert Essence stuff...their whitening tea tree/mint toothpaste is hands down the best out there too! Best value , high quality.

Love this!

Posted by 5426796399785334719 on Dec 01, 2015

I have no bad things to say about this product, aside from the fact that it doesn't come with a big enough cap to use as your cup. The taste is okay and it seems to be working without being too harsh. No alcohol, no animal testing! I love it!

Great!

Posted by 4646089260081775992 on Aug 03, 2016

This mouthwash is great. It has a nice, minty taste and it makes my teeth a little whiter. Not a dramatic difference but it I still like it. Have purchased this multiple times.

Not bad

Posted by 4731687206024397562 on Mar 13, 2015

strong flavor feels like it is working. No animal testing

Do check products straight away upon receiving (especially the natural ones)

Posted by 5443484268116692570 on Jun 20, 2016

I opened the product a week after receiving. Seal looked intact, but saw moulds at the edge inside.. Forgot to check the expiry date though