Perfect for capsule haters

Posted by Reviewer2447572 on Dec 14, 2009

This is an excellent algae omega-3 product to take with food. e.g. Yogurt,smoothies, preferably something sweet. You could take it directly but I don't recommend it , even with the bubble gum flavor it still smells fishy. Algae Oil is a great alternative to fish oil since it contains DHA, an Omega-3 fatty acid that is not found in flax oil. This product is also more economical than DHA capsules. I take it for its Omega-3 but there is some Lycopene in it too.

Great product

Posted by iJenNZ on Jul 14, 2012

I have been concerned for some time that I could not tolerate any omega 3 products. All the ones I have tried have been fish oil products and for many years, due to health issues, I have been unable to tolerate eating any meat or fish. When I discovered this product , an omega 3 that was not animal based, I was very keen to try it and indeed found I can tolerate it. I do not know if it has any of the fishy taste some people find objectionable as I mix it with food that contains a lot of healthy spices which will mask any flavour. I also appreciate the fact it is in liquid form in a dropper bottle as this makes it so much easier when mixing it with food - much better than cutting open capsules.

Tip for taking your liquid vegan DHA

Posted by Reviewer3196833 on Dec 31, 2012

We have been successfully taking this product for years! The trick to taking this product without any nasty taste is simply to purchase empty v caps and fill one vcap with the liquid dha and swallow with water. Simple! This liquid version is far superior to the competitors because the liquid is less likely to go rancid while in full liquid form. We store in the refrigerator just to be extra safe.

this calms my son

Posted by Reviewer2873668 on Dec 17, 2009

I notice a difference, have hyper child with autism

Yuak! But my kids like it.

Posted by 4665503560050011313 on Nov 25, 2014

The taste of this is really awful according to me, but my children don't disagree when they get their daily supplement in form of these drops mixed into their cereals or oatmeal... Very happy that it is vegan:-).

Strong taste/odour, bruising

Posted by 5494460406381950056 on Nov 20, 2013

My body quit bruising easily when I went vegan several years ago, and this supplement made it come back with a vengeance, and my young daughter didn't fare much better. I've looked at recs from the vegan doctors and dieticians, and can only conclude it doesn't do this body good and I probably don't need it, although other people might find it useful... I get a considerable amount of short-chain omega 3s from ground flax, chia, walnuts, eating loads of greens, some seaweeds/chlorella perhaps. Combined with limited refined oil, my ratios are pretty darn good to perfect - that might be the key, or individuals may vary. I find the smell and taste of this product beyond appalling, like rotten fish... if that's an indicator! I'm in two minds about that. But take a whiff, check yourself for bruises, see how it goes if you want... or just say no! Yuck! Take a B-12 and get off the internet, vegans, you'll do just fine - nay, possibly better - without wasting money on questionable, foul-tasting supplements.

Still in search of...

Posted by Reviewer2385058 on Dec 11, 2009

DHA that can be hidden in a smoothie for kids. This is NOT it! Really bad fishy flavor, smell. I'm sure it's healthy but I think I'll stick to omega zen3 DHA.

Posted by revi100 on Mar 23, 2011

I'm not a scientist, so I can't comment about the nutrient goodness or anything like that, but I actually really like the lemon flavor (much better than the grape), it goes well in my drinks. It still has the same algae aftertaste, but that was expected, and not an issue for me. Pretty good value too, considering how expensive these types of products are always. I plan on buying more in the future.

Vegan DHA

Posted by Reviewer3261221 on Jan 17, 2012

Good product.

Happy Brain + Happy Wallet

Posted by Reviewer3062894 on Feb 02, 2012

The easiest way to get your DHA on a budget. Finally what's good for the brain is also good for the wallet!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »