Potent skin-beautifying agent: deeply hydrating, softening & pore improver

Posted by PurplePegasus on May 06, 2015

I was initially disappointed in this. I wanted a glycolic liquid as instant dry skin dissolver to replace the AHA mask I currently use on my sand paper-dry skin. I thought this gel would be it but no. To give you an idea if this might work for you, I live in arid desert climate, have combination super oily and severly dry skin (yes, the worst of them all: imagine super rough dry skin that shines like an oil slick!) It's however not sensitive. I have severe MCS and this is 100% unscented to me. (I purchased in cool weather). Product stung mildly the first time where skin was raw. I expected this to burn, dry and peel my top layer and hopefully dimish a small patch of some old (but mild) poke marks on my cheek and fix my bumpy chin from a very acne prone youth. This doesn't do that. However, I noticed that this softens skin on contact and is not drying but deeply hydrating. After a week of using this daily, along with their evening moisturizer and Badger rose oil, my dryness is completely gone as these products act for a good 12+ hours. (I layer as follows: oil, then moisturizer and finish with this.) Not only that but horizontal neck lines are dimished on contact, my skin feeks like velvet, smooth and looks youthful and pores, formerly the size of moon craters, have now turned invisible and tight! This effect is, for now, temporary. Note that I am now middle aged. You need to have some problem to fix or, of course, you will not see results. With these 3 products, my skin looks a lot better than it did in my acne-prone 20's. NOTE: I have now tried Devita without the Badger rose oil, it was not nearly as effective on my dry skin. Same with using oil only. I am at an age where I need all 3 products to heal dryness for 12+ hrs. When climate goes humid, the oiliness comes back fast. Now, for the bad news: not finding the Devita Rx cream with multi-peptides and another serum I never got around to trying, I went to Devita's website: to my surprise, they have discontinued a lot of their fancy creams! Are these excellent products next? Is the company dismantling soon? I would buy all that iHerb has in stock but for one, I can't afford it and, two, I only have one face, so they'd expire before I could use them all, so I am passing the info here and letting you try them instead of keeping them all to myself, as I'd love to do. ;) My fear is logging in and finding out they've either been discontinued or worse, reformulated like Mychelle did theirs! I hope iHerb carries them forever because I hate to be disloyal to my favorite store but I am already going elsewhere for items that iHerb sadly has quit carrying. I hope I gave you enough details to decide if it might work for you too. Please do target your products to your own specific needs, skin type and climate. Hope it will improve your skin as much as it did mine. Here's to us all looking the best we can with what we got. Be well, everyone! :)

from Australia

Posted by Reviewer2792171 on Apr 06, 2011

Bought this as a closer-to-nature replacement for Neo Strata Smoothing Cream 10%AHA, which I had been using for some years. Had no irritation whatsoever, except when I tried layering a moisturizer over the DeVita gel, so best used as a stand-alone product. Love it!

Прекрасный кислотный пилинг!

Posted by 5347231320910805526 on Aug 28, 2013

Пользуюсь кислотными пилингами регулярно, даже сейчас, летом (всегда с санскрином!). Этот будет посильней моего регулярного пилинга-тоника от Биотрейд, но все равно можно спокойно мазать его на кожу ежедневно, только пощипывает кожу какие-то 10 минут, потом все успокаивается. Покраснений не вызывает, моя кожа (жирно-комбинированный носорог)от него не шелушится. Выравнивает тон и цвет кожи на ура, прекрасно чистит поры и удаляет черные точки. Буду повторять однозначно, хотя и не так скоро - расход минимальный. Używam peelingów kwasowych od dość dawna, nawet w lato (zawsze pod krem z filtrem!). Ten jest mocniejszy od mojego tonika peelingującego od Biotrade, ale i tak można śmiało smarować się nim codziennie wieczorem. Lekko szczypie skóra przez jakieś 10 minut i szybko się uspokaja, skóra po nim nie jest zaczerwieniona. Nie mam żadnych suchych skórek po nim, nic mnie obłazi (cera kombinowana ze skłonnością do tłustej, gruba). Wyrównuje koloryt skóry, doskonale oczyszcza pory i uwaga - radzi sobie z czarnymi kropkami! Must have dla mnie, będzie powtórka, lecz nieprędko, bo jest bardzo wydajny i starcza na długo, używam go już dwa miesiące i jest więcej niż polowa w buteleczce.

Thumbs Up For The Glycolic Gel!!!

Posted by Reviewer2805162 on May 02, 2012

I've been searching for a gel based glycolic acid for some time and I've found Devita to be it. It also has around 10% strength, but it felt so good on my face, I didn't experience any strong sensation. It felt cooling after applying, left my face radiant and smooth the next morning! I noticed that this gel kept me from having breakouts too! Definitely a well worth investment for skin, will buy it again.

Posted by Rozalia on Aug 27, 2012

I loved it! While I used the third bottle, but it is the result: the person as a whole was brighter spots (I had had from the sun) paled in general skin looks fresh, smooth nasolabial wrinkles. I think this is the merit of acids, and of Cordyceps fungi. Hopefully, by the end of the bottle still brighten dark spots, it bothered me the most!

Clearer skin!

Posted by Reviewer3344457 on Jul 25, 2010

i have combination oily skin and after using this for more than a week, skin is clearer and smoother. I do not have acne but i noticed that my blackheads is lesser than before. I did not feel any tingling sensation but overall it works. Great product!

Works well

Posted by Reviewer2362604 on Apr 18, 2013

I'm very happy with this product - great ingredients and after a few weeks I see a definite improvement in my skin. I'm taking one star away for the not-so-pleasant smell (I normally mix it with an essential oil), and one star away for the defective pump that never worked (I need to scoop the product out of the bottle every time I use it). Overall, I still recommend it as a good solution for reducing hyperpigmentation and improving skin tone.

Renewal

Posted by Reviewer1803646 on Nov 28, 2011

This is great for any part of the body that you need to break down dead skin. Quite tingly and best at night time underneath your moisturiser.

acid blend

Posted by Reviewer2881852 on May 24, 2011

I LOVE this product , it has helped with my pigmentation and gives me a beautiful healthy look and the time

So far so good

Posted by amelave on Mar 08, 2014

Maybe I am imagining it, but I think my skin looks more beautiful since I started using this product :)

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »