Devita, Natural Skin Care, Skin Brightening Serum, 1 oz (30 ml)

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

So far, I like it! Update on 3/22/11

Posted by Reviewer2654585 on Mar 22, 2011

I read all the reviews about it smelling badly. It's not even that bad! It has a slight smell that disappears shortly after applying it. This is so much safer than hydroquinone.....and that has a terrible smell! As for results, I don't know yet. It says it can take up to 8 weeks to see results and I've been using for three. Oh, I don't know why they call it a serum.....it's a cream base. Update on 3/22/11 I have seen no change at all after using this for a long time. If you look at the bottle, kojic acid is way down the ingredients list........ I ended up going to Amazon.com and purchasing a brightening gel that list it as the second ingredient and is natural as well. Don't waste your money!

Beware if you have sensitive skin

Posted by Reviewer3177524 on May 16, 2010

I tried it for about 3 weeks and my face developed a rash with severe itching. I then looked up the side effects of Kojic Acid which is the main ingredient. Sensitive Skin: This happens to be the most well known side effect of kojic acid. Basically, there has been research which suggests that if kojic acid is used repeatedly for extended periods of time, the user’s skin may develop increased sensitivity which some say might become permanent to some degree. Technically known as dermatitis, this side effect be characterized by increased itchiness, red rash, irritation, etc (similar to poison ivy).The smell of the serum is also terrible.

really wanted to like this

Posted by Reviewer2362604 on Apr 26, 2010

but it smells not so good

Hard to say

Posted by 4831027239307348971 on Dec 01, 2013

Couldn't help but felt like I made a bad choice and wasted money on this. When I lived in China, I would buy hand-made herbal salves from the internet, sold by individuals not by any company, the salves erased scars like magic, not this one though. Neither has it done anything for my color spots.

good

Posted by naturalsgirls on Jun 28, 2012

Good light texture, absorbs quickly. Use at night. Flavor is not very pleasant, but quickly disappears.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »