So far, I like it! Update on 3/22/11

Posted by Reviewer2654585 on Mar 22, 2011

I read all the reviews about it smelling badly. It's not even that bad! It has a slight smell that disappears shortly after applying it. This is so much safer than hydroquinone.....and that has a terrible smell! As for results, I don't know yet. It says it can take up to 8 weeks to see results and I've been using for three. Oh, I don't know why they call it a serum.....it's a cream base. Update on 3/22/11 I have seen no change at all after using this for a long time. If you look at the bottle, kojic acid is way down the ingredients list........ I ended up going to Amazon.com and purchasing a brightening gel that list it as the second ingredient and is natural as well. Don't waste your money!

Beware if you have sensitive skin

Posted by Reviewer3177524 on May 16, 2010

I tried it for about 3 weeks and my face developed a rash with severe itching. I then looked up the side effects of Kojic Acid which is the main ingredient. Sensitive Skin: This happens to be the most well known side effect of kojic acid. Basically, there has been research which suggests that if kojic acid is used repeatedly for extended periods of time, the user’s skin may develop increased sensitivity which some say might become permanent to some degree. Technically known as dermatitis, this side effect be characterized by increased itchiness, red rash, irritation, etc (similar to poison ivy).The smell of the serum is also terrible.

really wanted to like this

Posted by Reviewer2362604 on Apr 26, 2010

but it smells not so good

Hard to say

Posted by 4831027239307348971 on Dec 01, 2013

Couldn't help but felt like I made a bad choice and wasted money on this. When I lived in China, I would buy hand-made herbal salves from the internet, sold by individuals not by any company, the salves erased scars like magic, not this one though. Neither has it done anything for my color spots.

good

Posted by naturalsgirls on Jun 28, 2012

Good light texture, absorbs quickly. Use at night. Flavor is not very pleasant, but quickly disappears.

Will buy again

Posted by Reviewer1806747 on Apr 10, 2010

I cannot tell you if it is a good skin brightener because I thought it was a bit too thick for my face tissue to absorb, and not easy to layer it with other serums. However I used it on my neck before applying my regular body butter. What a good serum! My neck looks much softer and younger than ever.

Fast shipping.

Posted by Reviewer1329170 on Sep 04, 2010

Iherb is excellent! Everything comes within like 2 days with the standard shipping. I highly recommend it. I haven't tried the product yet, but I love the service from Iherb.

Devita, Skin Brightening Serum, 1oz (30 ml)

Posted by Reviewer2173672 on Oct 20, 2011

Been using it for about a month to help with my sun spots. They say I will see a difference in about three months. I am hopeful. It really does not smell bad. I'll post again in three months.

Prefer the vitamin c serum

Posted by 5536595171908109527 on May 01, 2014

I got this because I herb stopped carrying the devita vitamin c serum. Doesn't seem to be as effective.

Skin Brightening Serum