Lightweight moisturizer with invisible, non-nano technology, mineral sunscreen

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Jul 09, 2012

I am finishing my first tube of Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+. It is fluid, very light, non-greasy, invisible on my skin. It has a subtle refined smell. Containing hyaluronic acid, it does bring moisture to the skin, but as it is not rich, is doesn't help to retain moisture inside the skin so much, so I wouldn't recommend it alone for very dry skins. With 19% zinc oxide, is provides good UVB and UVA protection, without leaving any white cast on the skin at all. Now, this cream being quite fluid, it is easy to spread only a very small amount onto the whole face, in which case the UV protection is low, which I realized recently from my (very) light freckles beginning to show. I now make sure I apply a bit more generously, letting it sink into the skin before I re-apply. It seems to protect my skin properly now. As regards the formula, it does not contain any harmful ingredients. And Devita guaranties that this product does not contain any zinc nano-particles (particles less than 100 nm diameter, providing invisible sun protection but suspected to penetrate the skin and into the blood stream provoking oxidative stress and DNA damage) but only micronized zinc (240 nm in average). This mineral sunscreen is as invisible as the ones with the potentially harmful nano-technologies, but seemingly without the health hazard.

Best facial suncreen I have ever used

Posted by Reviewer3139450 on Jan 08, 2012

I've sampled every mineral sunscreen available here in Australia, and this is by far the best. Light yet moisturizing, it leaves my skin comfortable and protected. Ensure you apply amply when you are out in the sun, a proper dollop not a smidge, that goes for any sunscreen. Absolutely no white cast! I have dark skin and have trouble finding sunscreen that doesn't leave either ashen or some strange purple hue. If you have the same trouble, I definitely recommend this sunscreen.Oil free and doesn't clog pores. I have combination, sensitive acne prone skin and I use this with absolutely no trouble. It is very moisturizing and in the warmer months I can use this over my serums, with not additional moisturizer.

Best sunblock moisturizer ever

Posted by Reviewer1599618 on Aug 24, 2010

I have tried several moisturizers with sunblocks but this one is by far the nicest. It blends in your skin very fast, doesn't leave it oily and what's even better: it's completely natural!

always wear a good sunscreen

Posted by Reviewer1275454 on Apr 23, 2010

This has to be the best sunscreen i ever tried. The texture, ingredients ,and a good price to . It does not break me out and goes on so silky smooth .

Gold Coast Australia

Posted by Reviewer1992862 on Nov 22, 2010

Love the product have been using for 2 years. Delivery from Iherb is fantastic

A perfect product with imperfect packaging

Posted by Reviewer2241127 on Jan 05, 2011

I have been using Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer for several years and I absolutely love it. It has a high level of SPF, is light, fragrance free, paraben free, perfect for sensitive skin and moisturizes well. My only complaint is the packaging. Devita went from these ridiculous plastic jars (ridiculous because they had so much more plastic than they needed for aesthetics only), to a bottle that holds .3 oz less (for the same price) with a pump that leaves a ton of product in the bottle (I use a chopstick to get out as much as I can). Packaging aside, this product is totally worth the price.

Best sunscreen out of dozens i've tried

Posted by Reviewer1262490 on Jul 24, 2011

NO whiteness (even on a guy who doesn't shave every day - big problem with every other physical sunscreen i've tried. Totally non-greasy, soaks right into the skin. Nuff said, try it yourself.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2877733 on Sep 06, 2010

Non Greasy, Moisturizing, good texture. When applied, it changes just like water. I used Dior snow sunscreen it has shining effect. Now I am very satisfied with Devita.

Great sun protection

Posted by Reviewer3274369 on Jul 29, 2010

A great product that does not cause me to break out!

True Believer

Posted by Reviewer2591726 on Jan 28, 2012

I just can't stop ordering this product. It's lightweight, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, doesn't leave a white film on my caramel color skin and mixes well with my foundation. I would like to suggest that it be sold in a larger size and if you're looking for a thicker or heavier moisturizer, this is not the coverage for you.