Great concept, impractical use for smaller women

Posted by Reviewer1032519 on Aug 20, 2010

I was thrilled to pieces to find an alternative option to pads and tampons when I first came across the idea of a menstrual cup. After researching the pros and cons, I decided to purchase not one, but two. I thought that this would be most opportune in concerns to public washroom scenarios … and it would’ve been, if their use was not so uncomfortably awkward. After using the cup for about 6 hours, I tried to remove and empty it. This is where my problem began. My index finger and thumb would not fit inside of me. I could not squeeze to bottom of the cup to pop the suction and remove it. After trying multiple positions, pushing, baring down, foreign objects, etc. nothing worked. After trying desperately to remove the cup for about an hour with absolutely no success, I abashedly opted for the emergency room. Three hours and an awkward yet humorous discussion later, the cup was removed. With the decision made against a return visit the very next day, I opted to leave the cup with the nurse instead of taking it home with me. The other was donated to a friend who was interested in trying it, cleaned of course.

May work for some people, but I'm not one of them!

Posted by Reviewer1964109 on Oct 31, 2008

Extremely uncomfortable! It was so painful, I won't try it again.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2387027 on Mar 24, 2011

Horrible stuff. It felt to big , went upwards my vagina and was very hard to get out from there. And it leaked. I like the vision of this item, but it doesnt work for me at all.