Mixed feelings

Posted by 4783987983120712696 on Jul 26, 2014

This has been pretty tough for me to use. Instructions say to try and 'rotate' it after insertion, to make sure that it has fully opened. But once I've got it lodged in I can't seem to rotate it. Word of advice for anyone else new: don't try this as soon as you start spotting; you are probably not lubricated enough there, so it might be painful and way too frustrating. It was much easier when my period 'properly' started. A lot of people talk about cutting the stem down but I find that I might prefer it slightly longer? Strange thing is, I can sorta 'feel' it right after insertion but after a while I think my body adjusts the device in naturally. What happens then is that when I try to remove it, the stem almost completely disappears and it's time-consuming to try to get to it. This is only the first month of using it, and I've read plenty of reviews saying that it got better around the 2nd or 3rd month. Hence I'm not going to be too hasty to write it off. Right now, I am not confident that the cup can be used alone without a pad. I'm still trying to figure out how often I need to empty it, and so far it has leaked a bit through the stem. Good thing I was prepared! It seems that this works more of a less chemically-active, cheaper alternative to tampons. But it really is pretty messy and not great if you're stuck with tiny bathroom stalls. I'm feeling pretty lukewarm about it.

Not sure...

Posted by Reviewer1245179 on Aug 13, 2014

Everyone recommended this cup too me.. And i really wanted to like it, maybe its just me, but i had to struggle a lot to get it out, and to get it in.. I tried so many times before i got it in and out. I will not be using it anymore, tampons is so much easier.

Cali

Posted by Reviewer2576444 on Sep 30, 2008

Cant find it anywhere this cheap! I've only used it for one cycle and i'm still undecided about it. I ended up cuting a little bit of the stem off and that helped but i'm thinking that maybe i need to cut more. It's great for sleeping, cant feel a thing. But the second i go to walk a lot I start to feel it.

Great idea

Posted by Reviewer1508348 on Jan 08, 2009

Great concept...better for the environment, however, i'm still trying to figure out how to use it.

it's awkward

Posted by Reviewer2734804 on Feb 09, 2009

It is probably a great product for many women, but it's just not for me. I really wanted it to be, because of all the benifits, but I'll probably only use it when camping and backpakcing. I'm going back to environmental tampons for now.

Don't know yet

Posted by Reviewer1627174 on Apr 25, 2012

Unfortunately my package was stopped in the Norwegian customs because of a sample of b-vitamins that had "too much" b6 in it and they sent the whole thing back. I will order again and give a review then :)

Hmmm..

Posted by Reviewer2861363 on May 30, 2012

I haven't tried any other menstrual cups before, so I don't know how this is compared to others, but I found it quite hard to get out. The stem is too short (for me at least), and I struggled wuite a bit. But that might be me and not the cup. Still, I'm not too keen on trying it again, as I the experience of struggling to get it out was not a good one. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

Not bad, but inconvenient to pull out.

Posted by fvdfvfbvfvb on Aug 12, 2012

No for every convenient in use.

Not for me

Posted by DiscountcodeZEH931 on Dec 05, 2013

Unfortunately, I couldn't insert this properly without it hurting and getting messy. For reference, I do not have any children and use tampons. If you are interested in purchasing one, good luck! It is worth a shot as it is a great concept.